Tue, Oct 22, 12:51 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Well...I Finally Did A Pic!

Marybeth ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2000 at 12:10 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:48 PM

file_121033.jpg

Jeez! I've had this software for several months and had it nicely tucked away on a shelf (so many programs...so little brain). After seeing the many wonderful images posted here, I decided to take some time to play around with it and give it a shot. Very, very impressive program! Here's my first pic! Credits: Hair by Davo, flutterbye wings by Thorne, dress by Nerd.

silverbranch ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2000 at 2:26 PM

Mary beth, Wow.....for your first pic, that's winderful. And even for a not first pic! Very nice. Gail

bloodsong ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2000 at 3:56 PM

wohoo!! it looks great! some of the shadows seem a bit washed out, but that's all right. and where'd you get all those cool plants!? my vue doesnt come with cattails and flowers! did you buy the veggie expansion thing? (gonna hafta get me that...) :)

Artomania ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2000 at 6:16 PM

Very nice pic....especially for the first try in Vue... Only one little tip as bloodsong already has mentioned...perhaps try a little less ambient lighting. But perhaps I'm wrong :o). Are these buttercups Plantstudio flowers?

Marybeth ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2000 at 9:30 AM

Thanks to all of you for the kind comments on the image. Now I'm going to sit down with manual and see how much this fifty year old brain can absorb ;-) I found the program a lot easier to use than Bryce and quite frankly the results are most impressive. Bloodsong: As Bongo said, the cattails came with the program...just look for reeds. The flowers came from Plant Studio. The Weeping Willow on the left hand side was made in the stand alone version of Tree Druid and imported into Vue. Artomania: Yes, those are the standard buttercups from Plant Studio. The pink ones are something I made myself. Bongo: After seeing how the program renders vegetation, I'm taking your advice and am going to buy the exta plant bundle. Again, thanks for all the nice comments.

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2000 at 9:40 AM

Lovely!! I was wondering where the willow tree came from. Now I know. I just wish Tree Druid weren't quite so expensive. I've already spent my software allowance for this year so I'm gonna have to wait for it. Kate

bloodsong ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2000 at 11:24 AM

heya; oh, REEDS! silly me! :) KATE!!! you spent your software allowance for this year? january ain't even over yet! :) you dont waste time, do ya?

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2000 at 9:01 PM

Heck, it ain't hard to spend it all in one lump when you consider I only get to spend about 300 - 400 bucks a year before hubby starts to yell at me and turn all kinds of different shades of red grin Of course, the above amount does NOT include what I manage to stick on my Visa card, but until I get it paid off, it's out of commission (can you say Maxed Out, boys and girls?) Kate the not as Thrifty as she could be

headhunter ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2000 at 9:03 PM

Marybeth, how much is this Tree Druid & who makes it? Can it do a Mangrove tree ('cause I really need to find a mangrove tree!)

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2000 at 9:05 PM

...Honest...I had to keep up with what's new in the PC games. REally. I promise. Research I tell ya, research. Kate (wondering why hubby won't let HER do the taxes)

headhunter ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2000 at 9:50 PM

I agree wholeheartedly Kate! As an avid gamer myself I can attest that they are umm... educational! that's it... educational. Been playing Darkstone lately and learning alot about... something, I'm sure...

Marybeth ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2000 at 8:55 AM

Headhunter: Tree Druid is made by Zenstar Software and can be found at www.zenstar.com. The price is 99.95 for the stand alone version for PC. I'm not sure if there's one available for the Mac yet. There are a number of pre-defined trees contained in the program, but a Mangrove isn't one of them. I would imagine that it would be easily constructed, though, through the programs options. Hope this helps.

headhunter ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2000 at 1:49 PM

I use a PC anyway. I'll have a look at it. That's not a bad price, especially if I can make my own vegetation for scenes. Thanx, Marybeth!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.