Fri, Sep 20, 6:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Need Advice

PTNAA ( ) posted Fri, 12 April 2002 at 8:07 PM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 12:06 AM

Hi! I am trying to do a short animation of a ship landing on the moon and i want to create the sand blowing away when the rocket lands. I have been playing with the particle emitter and fountain but dont seem to get very food result. Do i need to use the physics model feature for this? Any advice from anyone? tks in advance.

glought ( ) posted Sun, 14 April 2002 at 1:04 AM

hi PTNAA I have done a few animations with this type of effect. One easy way that I have found to do this is to use the shockwave emitter and set the maximum particle setting to 100000 your choice of speed. In the emitter properties window set you render size to .02 and turn off casts shadows. Add about 3% blur to the emitter. Test the color of the particles agents your ground cover color. You can play with the color and transparencies in the texture room. Set the object color for the emitter on the HLS color wheel with the H:0 L:19 S:0, Highlight set to 76%, Shin 3% reflect 14% and trans 82% If you have larger rocks close to the landing you can use the shake behavior in the modifiers pull down to make them move around. The last thing I add is the fog effect. Change it to a cylinder then tone it down to where you can barely see it and place it at the center of the emitter. Make sure to turn off casts shadows if you put the fog effect inside the particle emitter. I sometimes place two levels of fog one above the other with different colors. Time them to lead the particle emitter just ahead of the shockwave. I hope this helps you out with your animation. Message me anytime if you need help with this setup. glought

PTNAA ( ) posted Sun, 14 April 2002 at 4:58 AM

Great! Thanks for the tip!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.