Tue, Oct 22, 1:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: For Steve about 4.06 incremental

Orio ( ) posted Sat, 13 April 2002 at 7:12 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:26 PM

Steve, I am unable to properly rotate OBJ objects imported into Vue 4.06 incremental. I can, however, rotate imported 3DS objects. I am running Vue on a Windows Millennium system. - Orio

Joerg Weber ( ) posted Sat, 13 April 2002 at 9:52 AM

Yup, tried it and had the same problems. I can import the OBJ-Files but I cannot rotate them and the objects fly apart when they are rotated. This is a very annoying bug! I have to import OBJ-Files every day.

NightVoice ( ) posted Sat, 13 April 2002 at 11:20 AM

Well I got the patch, tried the only .OBJ file I have, SAMS3D park bench(pretty sure that's who it was from, was very cool btw). Anyway, I was able to rotate spin and resize it just fine. Using win XP here. Strange. Maybe you can try getting that file and see if still does it with that one in particular.

martial ( ) posted Sat, 13 April 2002 at 3:09 PM

I have tried some obj imports .No problem with the new version

Orio ( ) posted Sat, 13 April 2002 at 6:37 PM

I confirm, after other tests, that I have exactly the same problem that Joerg has. So it can't be casual. Joerg what OS do you have on your PC?

kruzr ( ) posted Sat, 13 April 2002 at 6:37 PM

'Afternoon Orio . . . 8^) Sorry to hear your having problems. But I too have downloaded & installed the Vue 4.06 incremental patch, & I have imported & edited several .OBJ files, & I have to say that I haven't had one single proglem doing anything with any of the .OBJ files I've imported. I'm running Windows 98SE / PIII 500 / 512 ram. You might consider sending an e-mail direct to Steve at E-on, discribing your problem. Have a good one . . . Mark. ;^)

MikeJ ( ) posted Sat, 13 April 2002 at 7:50 PM

Hi Orio! Ummm...sorry, but it's the same thing for me here, too. No problems with .OBJ, on Win 98 SE. Amazing how Vue is so "finicky" around these various Windows versions.

gebe ( ) posted Sun, 14 April 2002 at 5:41 AM

For yoy Orio and also for Joerg, I have installed Vue "from scratch" on a computer whith Windows Millenium (PIII, 850, 256 RAM) It was a virgin place where Vue never has been. I have done exactly : Vue 4, Vue full update 05, Vue incremential update 06. I have imported all sorts of OBJ files from Poser, free stuff, things I have created outside Vue. All, absolutely all works fine. I can rotate it, move, every thing without problem. Also I think there may be an interference (but I'm not a technician) somewhere on your computer? Now I'm gone to uninstall again, because this computer only has a 10 MB HD, nearly full now. Guitta

Joerg Weber ( ) posted Sun, 14 April 2002 at 2:52 PM

I used the incremental patch on my system. It is a windows 2000 system with an AMD Athlon 1700 Chip and 512 MBs of Ram as well as more than 20 GB of empty harddrive space. To describe what is happening exactly: The object does rotate, but it rotates faster and further than it should. It rotates about 1.5 times further than is is supposed to. When the rotation is typed in via keyboard, the object falls apart. The problem seems to be similar to the problem with 3DS-Files we had with the first version of Vue 4. Joerg

gebe ( ) posted Sun, 14 April 2002 at 3:09 PM

Sorry Joerg, I have no chance to try with Win 2000. Hopefully Steve will write your message monday. If not, write to him directly:-) Guitta

Orio ( ) posted Sun, 14 April 2002 at 3:48 PM

The description by Joerg is perfectly coincident to what's happening here with my Vue.

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 14 April 2002 at 3:54 PM

I've seen some really strange things with the "twist" controls, but only in the keyboard numerical entry, but rotating seems fine. It sure wouldn't be the first time that not all of us have the same problem though....

Joerg Weber ( ) posted Sun, 14 April 2002 at 4:30 PM

Orio, what kind of system do you use and what kind of processor does your computer have? Maybe it is a problem with Windows 2000 or AMD-Processors? Joerg

Orio ( ) posted Sun, 14 April 2002 at 4:38 PM

No, as I said, I am on Windows Millennium - and my processor is a Pentium III.

Joerg Weber ( ) posted Sun, 14 April 2002 at 10:00 PM

Ups... yes, I overread that...

dolly ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2002 at 2:04 AM

Hey all I have the 4.06 on xp pro with 1 gig ddr mem and an athlon 2000 xp chip and dont have any problems cheers dolly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.