Fri, Sep 20, 12:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: patch 406 and vue 3 files

zoon ( ) posted Sun, 14 April 2002 at 6:33 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:44 AM

I've found that since installing the final patch 406, I can't load lots of vue 3 and 3.1 files, which I could do before the patch. Anyone else confirm this problem? I've let Steve know.

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 14 April 2002 at 7:03 AM

file_4551.jpg

Hmmm... Well, I hadn't tried it since I lost my Vue 3.1 scenes quite a while ago, but after reading this I made a very quick and very *simple* scene in Vue 3.1. All it was was a dead tree and a terrain. Saved it and tried to open it in Vue 4.06-02, and got this error message. After clicking OK, Vue simply shut down.

jstro ( ) posted Sun, 14 April 2002 at 8:13 AM

Well, that one does not particularly concern me since I've never had Vue 3.x, but someone mentioned that they could not rotate .obj models with the new patch. Anyone else had that problem? I was all set to get the upgrade until I read that. Unrotatable object files would be a show stopper for me. jon

~jon
My Blog - Mad Utopia Writing in a new era.

dolly ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2002 at 2:01 AM

Hey all I have the 4.06 patch and im on xp pro and i aint had any problems so far and i can rotate objects with np cheers dolly

DMM ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2002 at 4:25 AM

Dolly, to be specific, are you talking about *.obj files or VUE object files?

dolly ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2002 at 4:43 AM

Hey there Sorry i mean all objects ie 3ds obj or vue they all work fine cheers dolly

e-on ( ) posted Tue, 16 April 2002 at 9:43 AM

Adrian, this problem has been fixed in the Build Nr 255998 or later.
If your build nr is lower , you should get the update again (the build nr is displayed in the About dialog). Sorry for the inconvenience.

Steve.

MikeJ ( ) posted Tue, 16 April 2002 at 9:57 AM

I downloaded the full update just for the sake of having it, and ran that over the 4.06 version from the other day, and yes, I was able to open up the Ve 3.1 test scene I made which had resulted in the error in my message above. So that's good. And the cool thing is this caused me to search for my 'lost' Vue 3.1 scene CD, and I actually found it. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.