Sat, Sep 21, 2:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Strange

glennjan ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2002 at 2:53 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:41 AM

I saved a scene as a Pz3 it has two charactors vicky and the chevy in free stuff.If I render in a new window with just vicky no problem..if I make a render in a new window with both of them in it it starts to render then I get the blue screen of death and have to reboot.....anyone have any Ideas on this..Athlon 1.3 with 512megs ram.......the pz3 file with one charactor is bigger than the problem file I have plenty of memory.Tried reinstalling Poser ..no difference. Thanks

Kelderek ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2002 at 3:14 AM

Are you running Poser 4.03? If not, you should update with the 4.03 patch available from Curious Labs, that might help.

glennjan ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2002 at 3:26 AM

Am running 4.03

creativechaos ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2002 at 8:38 AM

What version of Windows are you running? There have been a LOT of problems with Poser and Windows 98/ME. I'm running Win 2K Pro and haven't had any type of render problems (including memory related ones) since I upgraded. There was a thread on some weird renders in new windows with props and "streaky" outcomes a while back. This sounds to me like it's along those lines.

My Store              My Gallery

Remember...getting lost is the senic route to the eventual destination. (And a lot prettier than the straight road)

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2002 at 10:04 AM

I've run poser on 98 and me with no problems....but make sure nothing else is running.

Tirjasdyn

glennjan ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2002 at 3:16 PM

Win 98 second addition about 34 gigs free yes I have run scandisk and defraged and am up to date on windows updates I never noticed a render problem till now although I never tried to render to characters in a scene before..the shot has vicky 2 and the spywear clothes and the 57 chevy from the free stuff it renders in the poser window but when I try it in a new window it kills windows oe 0028:c0059c8b error whatever that is it requires a reboot to get out of it

creativechaos ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2002 at 4:04 PM

I have all 3 as well (Well I have Stephanie, which is just as bad), and they render just fine for me. A tad bit slow on my machine, but that could have had to do with the lighting settings (not the "default" poser lighting, HATE that lighting) I'm not sure what to tell ya. All I know is I had problems on my old machine running 98se with all updates and Poser/Bryce. Bryce was slower than molasas on a mid January morning in sub zero weather, trust me. Works great on the new machine.

My Store              My Gallery

Remember...getting lost is the senic route to the eventual destination. (And a lot prettier than the straight road)

glennjan ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2002 at 4:38 PM

Okay here it is ......rendered vicky from pz3 after deleting dudley auto from scene...in new window.....no problem....added a horse...no problem...started a new document just dudley auto rendered in new window...big problem....killed my machine with a fatal oe error.........somethin about the dudley auto (57 chevy ) anybody tried it yet ????????

Duddly ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2002 at 7:00 PM

Replied to other post as well. I have actually seen or recieved quite a few renders of Vicky 2 with the 57 Chevy. This is actually the first time I have heard of anyone having trouble using it and with 1800 or so downloads I am sure someone would have let me know. I am sorry your having trouble with it. In case it helps: It was creating/converted using Pro Pack on a Dell P4 1.4, 640 MB Ram, Windows ME, and another Dell Dual P4 1.5, 1.0 GB RAM, Poser4 Basic, Maya 4 and Windows 2000. No problems on either.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.