Mon, Sep 9, 7:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Poser extension conflicts on Mac's?

riskebiz ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2000 at 12:17 PM ยท edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 1:02 PM

I have Poser loaded on my system at work and I've had some problems with my system that point to extension conflicts. The System's Manager here says that I'm the only one with these problems and I'm the only one with extra applications like Poser, Bryce and Raydream. Is there a conflict that I should know about? I'm on the lastest 450mhz G4 on Mac OS 9. Help, before they delete my extra-curricular applications from my system! I'm getting weird crashes and my control strip will automatically turn off and my system font is blurry when highlighting files. I've also been locked out of Extensions Manager.

ScottK ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2000 at 1:03 PM

I'm not aware of any extensions installed by the Poser or Bryce installers. I think your problem is due to another 3rd party extension conflict, or a corrupt system or preference file. I'm assuming you've already run Norton, DiskWarrior or TechTool Pro. Next... Trash your Finder preferences. If you have ATM installed, remove it (there have been reported conflicts with OS9). Is it fixed? No? Continue... If you have Conflict Catcher installed, you will not have access to Extensions Manager. If you don't have Conflict Catcher installed, trash the Extensions Manager Preferences FILE from inside the Extensions Manager Preferences Folder in the System folder. If this makes it so you can get into the Extensions Manager, change your extension set to OS9 ALL to disable all 3rd party extensions and see if the problems go away. If that doesn't help, I suggest downloading the Conflict Catcher Demo (if you don't ahve it already). It is a fully functioning, time limited demo. It will give you enough time to locate any extension conflicts that may be causing this problem. If that doesn't help, "re-bless" your System Folder by booting from your System CD and copying the System file, enabler, boot ROM and Finder from the CD to your System Folder (it's a lot easier than re-installing the System). You'll want to back these files up to another location on your HD before you replace them. Failing that, try the Apple Tech Exchange: http://discuss.info.apple.com/boards/powermac.nsf/by+Topic?Openview or the MacFixit Forums: http://www.macfixit.com/cgi-bin/ultimate/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro Hope this helps.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2000 at 1:15 PM

I have ben on Macs and never had any problems like that ... Run a G3 at 333mhz on 8.5.1 but I have never had a bit of problems ...

jschoen ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2000 at 7:18 PM

I'm on a G4 400mhz, OS 8.6, and I do seem to have some conflicts , expecially with trans maps. But if I reboot with just the OS8.6 All (extentions on) instead of MY settings. The problem goes away. So what am I saying, you ask? Hehehe I'm agreeing that I'm fairly sure it's a 3rd part extention that's causing the problems. Or then again, you may want to ask MetaCreations if they indeed tested Poser with OS9. Cause you all know OS 10 comes out this summer! It's soooooo cool! James

lmacken ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2000 at 7:42 PM

ScottK: You nailed it really well; is that all boilerplate? riskebiz: Before you talk to your MIS again, make note whether Poser is running or has run since the last Restart. If it is not the case, ask him what influence an application can have over your System extensions. If he comes up with something really good, be sure to let us know.

lmacken ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2000 at 8:47 PM

...errr, not to imply anything bad about boilerplate. =)

ScottK ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2000 at 8:45 AM

...just years of mac experience talking. I have 3 macs and 2 PC's at work, and 2 macs and 1 PC at home.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.