Mon, Sep 23, 4:11 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Poser 4: Same old animation problems after patch... =(

Exos ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2000 at 11:51 AM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 4:11 AM

Well, ever since I moved up to Poser 4 I have had a very bad problem with rendering animations. It seems that I can always render my first animation with no problems. But , after the first one is done, I select a new model and start another rendering. Each animation render is about 16 to 32 frames each (very small). The second animation ALWAYS locks up my poser program. I can shut down poser and reload it, but still cannot render any more animations without rebooting my machine. I tried reloading P4 which only helped for a little while, then it went right back to the same activity. When this problem first appeared (before the patch) It always locked up on frame # 17. Now it locks up randomly but always after the first set of animation renders. I am rendering as a set of bitmaps. Anyone else having this problem?

Kevin ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2000 at 10:16 PM

Did you ask in the 3d animation forum? I have not heard anything like that before.

ChrisD ( ) posted Tue, 06 March 2001 at 6:07 AM

It sound like your memory isn't being dumped properly but I doubt if it's Poser that's hoarding it. Do you have any other applications running or TSR (terminate and stay resident) programs in your system tray? They could be the culprit. Chris

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.