Sun, Sep 22, 3:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Tutorials for importing poser in Vue

risopan ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2002 at 7:02 AM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 3:47 AM

I am having a few little problems. Quit new to Vue. But is there anyone who made a good tutorial on how to edit stuff like transparent options for hair in Vue. I can't get it right and don't want to go trough the manual. Please help...

gebe ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2002 at 7:20 AM

Hi, If you import your Poser4 figures (with hair) as pz3 into the latest Vue version 4.06-03, every thing comes out as configured in Poser. If you want to change some texture or transparency of your Poser figure in Vue, just do it as for any Vue object. Click at the icon at top whith the 3 little spheres to open the material summary. Double-click on the material you want to change and then just do it in the materiall editor. It is so easy that it doesn't need really a tutorial. But take a little time to read the Vue user guide, you may learn lots of important things there. Don't forget, the user guide is for Vue, not for Poser:-) Guitta

risopan ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2002 at 7:36 AM

i am using vue 4.00 so it looks like it needs updating. thanks for your help.

gebe ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2002 at 7:41 AM

Yes, you have first of all to update to Vue 4.05, get the FULL UPDATE. Thats VERY important. When you have done so, update from Vue 4.05-02 to Vue 4.06-03. Choose the incremential update. The full update is not out yet. Good luck, Guitta

MikeJ ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2002 at 7:52 AM

Having Vue 4 with the latest patch, is pretty much essential for working with Poser .PZ3 files. 4.06-02 seems to also be the most stable so far, at least from my experience running it on Windows 98 SE. You can also find alot about Vue and Poser, as well as a whole lot of other useful tips in our Archive Tips Collection here.

bobhobz ( ) posted Sun, 21 April 2002 at 10:15 AM

Everytime I try to import a Poser PZ3 file, my Vue d'Esprit crashes. Anyone have any idea what's wrong? Bob

gebe ( ) posted Sun, 21 April 2002 at 11:03 AM

Hm, no, I don't know. Have you updated your Vue with the 06 patch? And of course you have Poser installed? Maybe somebody else here has such a problem? Guitta

gebe ( ) posted Sun, 21 April 2002 at 11:05 AM

Hm, no, I don't know. Have you updated your Vue with the 06 patch? And of course you have Poser installed? Maybe somebody else here has such a problem? Guitta

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.