Mon, Sep 9, 7:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: 1966 Mustang GT Status update.

Duddly ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2002 at 8:50 PM · edited Sat, 24 August 2024 at 12:02 PM

file_5174.jpg

For those of you following the development of the 66 GT. Today I pretty much finished the body. Now on to the undercarriage and interior. Even the emblems have been modeled. She is currently at 25,000 polys. I am shooting for around 50,000. Hopefully not too much more.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2002 at 9:16 PM

Will this one include an 8-Track? :) On a more serious note, how about a posable steering wheel for animations of the interior? (Yes, I'm an annoying pest, aren't I? But it could be worse. I could have asked about the wiper blades.)

PabloS ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2002 at 9:22 PM

Will I be able to adjust the mirrors? :-)

ronknights ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2002 at 9:28 PM

Hey, I had an 8-track player when I was a teenager. I was 16 when that Mustang came out, and that was also when I met the woman who is now my wife!!!

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2002 at 9:31 PM

Want to trade cassettes, Ron? I have the Partridge Family's Greatest Hits (1972).

Duddly ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2002 at 10:35 PM

My real one still has the factory AM radio and as my real car and digital camera will be supplying the textures it is safe to assume this will have an am radio, sorry no 8-track. I actually do have an old 8-track recorder collecting dust on a shelf in the garage though. The steering wheel in the 57' is posable. I skipped that in the 69' Boss, sorry. So what will be posable? Steering wheel probably, wiper blades maybe, mirrors probably not.

Duddly ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2002 at 10:39 PM

Oh, by the way. The picture above was actually a test in Poser. I exported from Maya as an OBJ and imported into Poser to see how it was going to look. Actually looks better in Maya as Poser actually smooths all edges automatically, eck!

ElectricAardvark ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2002 at 10:51 PM

yeah, I was gonna say it looked a little 'puffy'

movida ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2002 at 11:10 PM

Eat your hearts out guys...I drove alongside a '67 Shelby GT 500 Tuesday....my truck appreciated $5,000 in value just being next to it...white with blue stripes...vbseg

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2002 at 4:16 AM

Wow, it looks just like my old car....did a great job...Sharen

DonnyD ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2002 at 11:04 AM

Duddly, UVMapper Pro can fix the puffiness. :) uvmapper.com Donny (in no way affiliated with uvmapper.com) - just a user

Duddly ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2002 at 12:22 PM

file_5175.jpg

What is UV Mapper supposed to be able to do that Maya can't? In Maya It has edge smoothing set on angles below 65 deg and it looks great. Poser does not recognize this information and just smooths everything. I thought UV Mapper was just that, for mapping UVs. I haven't even started texture mapping the model yet. I'm not even completely happy with the body. This is what it looks like without any smoothing.

macmullin ( ) posted Sun, 21 April 2002 at 6:24 AM

I find that importing 3ds files for things that have machined edges better than obj. It seems Poser treats the 3ds file differently and brings it in cleaner and less puffy. By the way your Mustang looks great! P.S. Old style Crager Mags Wheels with wider white-lettered Goodyears Tires would be nice up date item (hint hint ) :-)

Duddly ( ) posted Sun, 21 April 2002 at 10:58 AM

My real car has original (not reproduction) styled steel wheels. As this is a representation of that car it will have exactly the same options. Someone may in the future make some mag wheels to switch them out though. Who knows, maybe even me.

lmacken ( ) posted Sun, 21 April 2002 at 7:25 PM

If you make the wheels go up and down, then people could lower it, or use do animations, or lower it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.