Sat, Sep 21, 9:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:40 pm)

Subject: Male Trans hair downloads

jschoen ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2000 at 2:08 PM · edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 8:27 PM

Very good, I noticed that I couldn't get that posted fast enough before the downloading frenzy started. ;-) (If the numbers are correct 324 dl's in less than 7 hours) Anyway please tell me if it is indeed working and if I have zipped all the correct files. James

SnowSultan ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2000 at 2:13 PM

The included hr2 file would not work for me. Anyone else had this problem? (I'm on a PC and don't have the latest beta patch installed, if that makes a difference). Very nice work though, the men need all the hair help they can get. :) Thank you for sharing. SnowS Hoping his pictures are worth 1001 words.

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

jschoen ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2000 at 2:20 PM

To Snow and others who may run across this problem, I was hoping that MAC and PC hr2 files were compatable. I don't know if the patch will help either. But just import the included hair6.obj, scale and place on the figures head, parent it to the head, then save it as a hair prop. This should work (if you haven't tried it already). Then just add the tex/trans maps. The hair.obj is UV mapped for the templates. Hope this helps. James

SnowSultan ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2000 at 2:26 PM

Thanks for replying, just wanted to make sure it wasn't me. :) I already applied the object as you said, and it's fine. I am having a problem getting the transparency maps to render the way they should, but that could very well be my mistake. Excellent work, hope to see more from you soon! SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

ookami ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2000 at 2:45 PM

If anyone gets this working on the PC, could you upload a PC version with James' permission of course.

ookami ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2000 at 2:45 PM

If anyone gets this working on the PC, could you upload a PC version with James' permission of course.

jschoen ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2000 at 2:46 PM

Tell me in detail what's not working out. I had many problems trying to make this work at first. Check list before you complain grin: 1: Make sure all the map files are in a single folder 2: Make sure that ALL transparency maps are in greyscale not RGB. 3: You have READ the ReadMe file 4: You have not changed the proportions of the map files. I.E.: 320 x 240 to 640 x 480 is fine, but 320 x 240 to 800 x 480 may cause problems (note: these are just example sizes not the sizes of the maps) 5: you have looked at the smat.jpg and set ALL the materials to these settings. 6: Possible problem*: If the maps seem to be "flipped" import the hair.obj and check "flip UV vertical" or better yet in a paint program flip all the maps in the vertical. *Though this should not be an issue, you never know. James

Cyris ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2000 at 8:52 PM

the problem is may, that we havent upgradet to 4.1(beta) but it`s very easy to fix. just import the obj and remapp it. after this it works also fine for me. but if anybody needs the hr2, with the permission of james, i will post it mfg Cyris

ookami ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2000 at 9:05 PM

Yes... please post it! =)

ookami ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2000 at 9:06 PM

Yes... please post it! =)

melanie ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2000 at 9:20 PM

I can't open the ReadMe file. I get an error message that it can't open when I click on it. I tried the hair, but I was flying blind without the instructions, so I probably put all the wrong textures on the wrong elements. It came out looking like a flared helmet. Is there a way I can get the ReadMe file in PC format? I'd really appreciate it, because this hair would be a great addition for my men. Melanie

jschoen ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2000 at 9:42 PM

Yes go ahead and post.Never thought it might be because of the patch. I only have the first patch. i was going to get the second, but i'm kinda glad i didn't. With all that funny hair stuff going on hehehe James

jschoen ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2000 at 9:54 PM

meline, i sent you the readMe file via e-mail. hope you get it

Eshal ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2000 at 10:17 PM

Melanie was your readme just titled Readme and no extension? I find that quite a few readme's from macs and some PC's are like this, all you need to do is add the .txt extension and notepad or what ever default program you have to read text files will open it without any bother. Regards Eshal

I'm a genetically enhanced blonde...what's your excuse? ~Eshal~

melanie ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2000 at 1:19 AM

James, yes I did get your e-mail, thanks. Eshal, thanks for the tip. I wasn't aware of that. Melanie

AARoberts ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2000 at 8:43 PM

Great work! Could someone give me the exact specificatons for the scaling of the hair? Thanks.

Cyris ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2000 at 8:53 PM

i`ve sendet the "fixed" files to james. now im waiting for the repost. mfg Cyris

melanie ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2000 at 9:41 AM

I had one problem with it once I got going. The transparency didn't work at first. Don't forget to set the transparency slders to 100%. That was my mistake. James, that probably should be in your readme file. I don't remember seeing that in there. I sort of hit on that by accident as I was trying to figure out why the transmaps didn't work. Now it works great and I love this hair. My Poser guy is a real doll now! Thanks, James, for adding a great new addition to my collection. Melanie

jschoen ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2000 at 5:14 PM

Your welcome Melanie. We need more dork ...er...um...Male trans hair. I'm working on 'Kyokos" hair next should see that soon. Let's get that Poser guy looking as good or better than the Poser gal. ;-) The slider setting was in the smat.jpg sent with the zip. I should have made that clearer. ;-) James

jschoen ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2000 at 5:14 PM

Your welcome Melanie. We need more dork ...er...um...Male trans hair. I'm working on 'Kyokos" hair next should see that soon. Let's get that Poser guy looking as good or better than the Poser gal. ;-) The slider setting was in the smat.jpg sent with the zip. I should have made that clearer. ;-) James

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.