Fri, Sep 20, 7:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Point Light Bio-Sphere Condominiums . . . . .

kruzr ( ) posted Tue, 23 April 2002 at 4:22 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 7:39 AM

file_5545.jpg

Afternoon all . . . 8^) Well, the newly constructed "Point Light Bio-Sphere Condominiums" are now taking applications for purchase. They each have 10,000 square feet, two levels & all the built-in conveniences possible. Each unit has it's own control over inside & outside temperatures, ionized air purification, solar powered so you are totally independent of any utilities & the latest in absolute security systems. The windows are LCD controlled, with a gaseous mixture imbedded with-in the tri-pane window it's self, which controls the transparency & passage of light through the windows, so to control the lighting in your unit, or your privacy, there is no need for curtains or blinds. I'm sure some of you will be anxious to place your order for your very own, the asking price is $2,500,000. Me . . . I'm happy in my own little apt, so I won't be placing any orders soon. Heheheh. The objects were created in Zbrush, imported into Vue 4.06 & textured with native Vue 4.06 materials. You all have a good one . . . Mark. ;^)

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 23 April 2002 at 4:27 PM

Hey this is so cool looking, you did a great job on the models....really spectacular...Sharen

Bop ( ) posted Tue, 23 April 2002 at 5:40 PM

Hey, there's a truly cool idea behind this !!! I like the general looking of this scene, but I think you can do a real impressive scene with working more on this. I hope that you won't misunderstand me, I really like this scene...

audity ( ) posted Tue, 23 April 2002 at 6:49 PM

I'm placing one order ! one question though : how do we get inside these biospheres ?

NightVoice ( ) posted Tue, 23 April 2002 at 7:37 PM

Very cool! I'll have to get back to you when I can afford one. ;)

jstro ( ) posted Tue, 23 April 2002 at 9:55 PM

Only 2 and a half mill? Must be the low rent district. :) Very nicely done. I like the rippley water, the wispy clouds and the colors in the sky, the condo models and play of light on them, but I'm not quite sure what to make of the central pyramid. Almost looks like it has spiritual connotations. Are there point lights in each of the condos or are they picking up their lighting from the point light on the pyramid? I'm thinking the latter. Nice effect. jon

~jon
My Blog - Mad Utopia Writing in a new era.

kruzr ( ) posted Tue, 23 April 2002 at 11:48 PM

Thanks for your comments everyone . . . 8^) Hey Bop . . . I agree with you 100%, I had more in mind when I started this one, but things started slowing down SO BAD, that I think I gave up on further additions. It was getting to the point that, just for the main preview to render it was taking almost 10 minutes, & several minutes for the screen refresh, every time I did the smallest adjustment. I'm only running a PIII 500, & I guess it's somewhat slow for doing work in Vue 4.06. There are 89 objects & 190000 polygons, in this scene. Hi Audity . . . I've got to be honest with you, I have no idea of how you would get out of the pods. Maybe they feel that once your inside, there's no need to get back out? Heheheh. Thanks Jon . . . Again, I have to say that I had different plans for that area of the image, but due to my system slowing down so dramatically, I gave up on my plans & just threw something in the center, so it wouldn't look so empty. Also, there are separate point lights at the very top of each sphere. You all have a good one . . . Mark. ;^)

Bop ( ) posted Wed, 24 April 2002 at 1:08 AM

You should be happy with your PIII500, I'm runing Vue on a PII400 !!! Thing that looks strange for me is the number of objects and the slowing down of Vue... this scene don't look so complex for me... weird. :-/

gebe ( ) posted Wed, 24 April 2002 at 1:44 AM

Very Nice Mark, I really would love to live in one of this spheres - me and my husband alone, lots of computers all around, a fitness room, a hyper modern kitchen, a swimming pool and a garden and an easy access for my friends. OK, I buy one, but we will have to discuss the price:-) I iunderstand that you could not continue. I have this problem all the time with a 1G and 256 Ram computer. Vue slows so much down, that I have to wait 10-20 mnutes when I do an adjustment. Sometimes I have over 2 Millions of polygones and it works correctly, sometimes I only have 600 000 and Nothing goes on. Polygons and polygons seems to be different, depending from where they come (inside or outside Vue). Anyhow, good work:-) Guitta

Hisjoy ( ) posted Wed, 24 April 2002 at 4:53 AM

Soudns like you may have your defragmentor running in the background Guitta! Either that or something else is taking up cycles in your machine... your should get ahold of Norton and see if there is.

gebe ( ) posted Wed, 24 April 2002 at 5:26 AM

No Hisjoy, my defragmentor is not running in the background. No, I have nothing from Norton. And when I'm working on a heavy scene, I shot down all my resident programs, except Explorer and Systray. The problem is not only with Vue, but also with Poser. Have to shotdown every thing to be able to render or to work on a big scene. :-(Guitta

kruzr ( ) posted Wed, 24 April 2002 at 8:58 AM

'Morning Bop, Gebe & Hisjoy . . . In this scene I've got: Imported objects = 28 / Native objects = 55 / Native Boolean Difference objects = 5 / Lights = 6. I keep my system defragged when needed & I have nothing running in the background, except for Systray & Explorer. I think someone just did some testing here lately on what slows Vue 4 down. I believe they came up with: The number of polygons isn't what slows Vue 4 down - I believe they said it was more the number of objects. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong? I'll have to give it a try myself, when I have the spare time. Have a good one . . . Mark. :^)

Bop ( ) posted Wed, 24 April 2002 at 1:45 PM

One thing I've tested is : when you import object, save it as a .VOB object, delete it and load you vob. I don't know why, but Vue likes very much its own format... 'Hope it can help...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.