Mon, Sep 9, 7:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Building a set of Free Photo-realistic Props -- Care to share a WISHLIST?

FALCON2 ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2000 at 1:30 AM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 11:12 PM

I'm building a set of scenery props and elements for the game Obsidian. I figure while I'm buried in this project that I'd build props for people as I go (gotta have that sanity break). I'm refering to things like tables, rooms, buildings, vehicles, machines, decorations, etc, all with appropriate mapped textures and actual beveled edges etc. I plan on posting in Poser Native prop format, OBJ, and 3DS formats. Let me know what you'd like to see and I'll see what I can do =) Falcon

Sprout ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2000 at 2:27 AM

Nice of you to offer. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to add an Item. :O) I am fairly new to modeling so I dont plan on getting to vehicles too soon, but if you REALLY need a break than here is one that I am looking for . I have found a model of the Pontiac Fiero (6 cylinder) but the price was astronomical! I would consider paying a fair price for one but not 100's of $$$. so if ya need that much sanity, well there ya go :O) Sprout

Tribe ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2000 at 8:17 AM

Falcon, what a very kind offer! Sports related props mostly... How about a changing locker cabinet Wooden team bench... pair of Soccer/Rugby boots. I'm not sure if the later is what your offer covers. pictures of the above can be found at http://www.shopsoccer.com/ What ever you model would be most appreciated:) Tribe.

FALCON2 ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2000 at 10:39 AM

The lockers and the bench are not a problem, I have scenes Im building that they and similar objects will fit in or can be derived from. The fiero now, that could be a major project in and of itself. (I did start looking for a good pic ... just in case) =) Falcon --I'll keep you all posted--

lmacken ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2000 at 11:35 AM

If your doing vehicles, how about a VW beetle or bus? For reference: www.virtualbeetlemuseum.com

markm ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2000 at 12:02 PM

How about some skyscraper's and various other city type buildings. I'm planning on a few city images and this would help out a great deal.

FALCON2 ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2000 at 12:07 PM

As a word of explanation, the project I am working on is a series of illustrations for the Obsidian game, as well as a 5minute movie trailer for release at GenCon in August. The setting is in the 22nd century after the revelations/apocalypse has happened and the fores of 'hell' are loose. It has high tech weapons, and a completely gritty and dark universe. The images and settings that I'm bulding are interiors, items, exterior features and fixtures as well as some special effects. I will eb posting ALL of the objects from this project eventually, but figured I'd need a subject matter break, hence my offer =) SO to you all, I am building a master list, and will build everything I can =) Falcon

ghostboat ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2000 at 4:19 PM

hey! how bout a cdesk with a control panel~sorta like you see at nasa or most any mad scientists lab

SewerRat ( ) posted Mon, 31 January 2000 at 1:46 AM

I second ghostboat! falcon, great you'll be releasing the stuff after you're through with it! =) SewerRat

LoboUK ( ) posted Mon, 31 January 2000 at 7:10 AM

Mad scientist props are good :) Paul

FALCON2 ( ) posted Mon, 31 January 2000 at 8:27 AM

Honestly folks, much the mad science prop creation going on as we speak. The panels and control boards are a must! I tried using some of the d/l stuff available on the net, but everything is sharp, nothing has a good tex or even bevelled edges =). I do still work full-time +, but look for posts starting this week. Falcon

Greyskin ( ) posted Mon, 31 January 2000 at 9:53 AM

played the game years ago. Very Myst/Riven looking. Is this an update? Greyskin

FALCON2 ( ) posted Mon, 31 January 2000 at 2:51 PM

Actually, Obsidian is a traditional (only word that works) RolePlayingGame, set in the 23rd century as I mentioned above. Its getting great reviews here and overseas (gone over like mad in the UK). So apparently there was another Obsidian, intersting, I didn't realize. Sorry for any confusion. Falcon

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.