Fri, Sep 20, 7:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: Help with out of control downloading!

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2002 at 12:39 PM ยท edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 1:32 PM

I know that there are programs out there, hopefully free or next to it...that search your hard disk for duplicate files, but all I'm finding are programs that either look for the same text strings, like in Word docs...or automatically update the directories to match. I need something that will look for duplicate file names and allow me to choose which to keep. Anyone here know of something like that? Thanks in advance, Marque

bloodsong ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2002 at 12:45 PM

::whaps marque with a newspaper:: bad, marque! bad! nice, calm, controlled downloading, that's the key! oh... wasn't that helpful? :/ used to have a dos thing that did that, but it just printed out the duplicate file name/locations. you had to delete them by hand.

VirtualSite ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2002 at 12:52 PM

On the Mac, we have something called Spring Cleaning. There might be a windows version.

MadYuri ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2002 at 1:06 PM

Attached Link: http://sohosoft.com/uniquefiler/

Uniquefiler works best with images, but you can compare other files too.

RaVan ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2002 at 1:07 PM

I seem to remember Mcafee having a program that would check duplicates, clean up your hard drive etc. . . try www.Mcafee.com ?

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2002 at 2:04 PM

Found a program that will tell me what is duplicated and now I can check both sources. It's called Vice Versa and it's great! OWWWW! That newspaper hoit! lol Marque

beav1 ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2002 at 5:15 PM

Marque.... I have a very simple program that's saved me all that. It will search by filename, size, CONTENT...and other options. It's pretty small, so I can email it. Msg me and we'll work it out. Beav Oh...it's called Dupeless

Patricia ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2002 at 10:16 AM

I think we're all tiptoeing around the real cry for help, here, folks.....What this forum needs is a chapter of Downloaders Anonymous! ;^)

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2002 at 1:27 PM

Lucky you, Ron! I've just subscribed to PWFW and Poser Style and my modem is melting!

bikermouse ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2002 at 3:30 AM

norton utilities 2000 (2002?)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.