Fri, Sep 20, 12:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Challenge Arena

Welcome to the Challenge Arena Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Challenge Arena F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:51 am)

Welcome to the

Challenge Arena

This forum is dedicated to learning, creating and pushing yourself to meet the
challenges that have been posted by other members of Renderosity.

Hope to see you here!

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: New April challenge (since noone replies to the other one)

Delrino ( ) posted Tue, 09 April 2002 at 8:58 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:20 PM

Since noone replies to the first Idea i posted as April Challenge, maybe you'd like to go with this one: It's spring now, so c'mon and make a spring scene! That's all. Please show me a spring scene you've made with any software you like to work with. Postwork is allowed. Curious to see your pics :o) Delrino

Kixum ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2002 at 1:31 AM

Ok, I'm a tad confused here. RimRunner has the previous post linked for the April challenge. Is it going to be a spring scene? A scene from a bridge? Or a spring scene from a bridge (aha! can't lose on that one!)? Let us know. -Kix

-Kix

Delrino ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2002 at 3:24 AM

i did prefer the bridge scene, but i got no response to that idea, so i thought it was a to difficult one and came up with the spring-idea...since this is the second reply to the bridge idea now, i would say we do the bridges :o)

allpowerfulTim ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2002 at 8:23 AM

OK, I'm new to the challenge forum but I believe that the bridge idea will yeild a better result. Unless you have all lost your hand skills because you refuse to unplug once in a while. Ya know, fresh air is GOOD! -Tim

RimRunner ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2002 at 9:24 AM

Link adjusted to this thread. :) I'm game for either one... and if I can work it, will do a Spring scene with a bridge... just not one from around my area (that whole overpass thing mentioned in the other thread. ;)

The doctor says I have way too much blood in my caffeine system.

Delrino ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2002 at 11:16 AM

okay..so we'll go with the bridge.... don't mind not to make an existing one... i just have a bridge across the street in the neighborhood and i dont want to make that one ;o)... so i'll do the view from the bridge we have across a little lake/pond ...

Kixum ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2002 at 8:34 PM

Bridge sounds like an excellent idea. If anybody else is like me, bridge ideas come launching out of my head instantly. Spring scenes are a little more difficult and could be realy tough to get looking cool. A bee on a flower would be awesome though (DANG, that WAS a good idea, I could have done that one! now beating head on desk). Well anyway, I have a fistful of bridge ideas. -Kix

-Kix

Delrino ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2002 at 3:30 AM

we go with the bridge idea...this looks more like a spring scene than a bridge...but never mind, its a good one :o)

CrystalWizard ( ) posted Wed, 17 April 2002 at 2:09 PM
Maker ( ) posted Tue, 23 April 2002 at 5:54 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=173726&Start=1&Artist=Maker&ByArtist=Yes

I just had to fix that tree with no leaves, and give that poor native girl a place to live !! These two things were just driving me crazy in the first posting.

Kixum ( ) posted Sun, 28 April 2002 at 10:13 PM

file_3969

In a hurry and had no time. Everything here was created just for this challenge. ![Message671414.jpg](http://www.renderosity.com/photos/Message671414.jpg) -Kix

-Kix

RimRunner ( ) posted Sun, 28 April 2002 at 10:53 PM

Made it in under the wire too Kix. :) All entries in for this month ? If I don't see anything else by tomorrow night, we'll start the voting on April.. and see what May holds in store. :)

RimRunner ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2002 at 12:57 AM

Ok... no last minute entries.. so let the voting begin. :) Crystal Wizard's entry. Maker's entry And Kixum's is just a couple up from here. :) My own vote: Goes to Maker. Really like the feel in that one. :) Special mention goes to CrystalWizard... hand painting a bridge with the mouse.. oof. I have a tablet.. and wouldn't have tried something like that with the mouse. Kudos! That's right up there with doing post work in MS Paint. ;) (which is to say painful at best, but only the best can pull it off.)

CrystalWizard ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2002 at 8:41 AM

do we post votes in this forum or imm you with them or what? and thanks for the compliment :) Mouse isn't that hard if you zoom in and work close. ms paint? ok now you've got me shuddering

RimRunner ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2002 at 9:58 AM

Post your votes here in the thread.. once we have a winner.. we'll have him/her choose the next challenge. :)

CrystalWizard ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2002 at 1:54 PM

ok well i vote for mine :)

Maker ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2002 at 2:15 PM

Ok, I vote for Kixum. I like the nature vs man made theme!!

TRLee ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2002 at 4:58 PM

My vote goes to Maker. Lovely spring scene.

Kixum ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2002 at 10:53 PM

Ok, I'll vote for mine too if it counts Message671426.jpg.

-Kix

RimRunner ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2002 at 10:58 PM

Yup, you can vote for your own work, so long as you only vote once. Message671426.jpg No padding the ballot boxes.

pixelfrenzy ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2002 at 12:54 AM

Writes KIXUM on my little piece of paper and hands it in. Awesome work.!

Delrino ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2002 at 3:14 AM

Heres the result of the german jury :o) Makers picture gets our attention... Thanks for joining this challenge.. since i'm very VERY busy currently i made no picture to my own challenge...grrrr...i hate it when things like this happen...

RimRunner ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2002 at 8:10 AM

We have a tie at the moment... Maker and Kixum. anyone want to break the tie.. or do we leave it at the tie? :)

CrystalWizard ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2002 at 9:11 AM

I guess i'll switch my vote to Kixum. (since I thought the challenge was bridges and i dont see any brdges in makers image) they're both nice though

Delrino ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2002 at 9:34 AM

So Kixum wins? Congrats Kixum! Have fun thinking of a new challenge for us :o)

RimRunner ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2002 at 11:27 AM

There are two bridges that I found in Marker's image. If you look in front of the girl, just above one of the large bunches of purple flowers, you'll see them spanning the gap there.. they're banded log style (foot bridges). :) We'll give it the rest of the day before we declair a winner, but Kixum does pull into the lead with Crystal's shift.

Kixum ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2002 at 1:59 PM

Ok, so did I win?

-Kix

RimRunner ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2002 at 3:00 PM

Yup... so you did. :) Please start a new thread with May's challenge. Congrats!!

Maker ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2002 at 5:02 PM

Congrats, Kixum!!, I hope to enter your challenge for May. -Maker

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.