Thu, Sep 19, 4:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Image for May challenge!

Rochr ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2002 at 10:20 AM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:46 AM

file_6697.jpg

Heres my entry for the May challenge. A battle/race between two spacecrafts.Other than the imported textures & my nametag, its all Bryce. Hope you enjoy.

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

derjimi ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2002 at 12:55 PM

Wow, this is terrific for "all bryce"! Excellent! Take care, Jimi

Rayraz ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2002 at 1:33 PM

This is a really cool scene. Nice details but not messy, sci-fi with a not exactly new concept yet not clich nice POV, nice textures nice lighting. Great pic!

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Enforcer ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2002 at 2:54 PM

Great image. Do you delete the ground plane and work from the default altitude or do you raise the level of the camera to give your pics elevation?

Rochr ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2002 at 3:20 PM

Thanx guys! I actually do both. But it depends on the image. Sometimes i use the ground to reflect lighting/atmosphere from beneath. For this image ive deleted the ground plane and tilted the camera. For some reason the tilt seem to add to the elevation...or i need new glasses...

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

Enforcer ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2002 at 7:02 PM

If you need new glasses, I do too. :)Thanks alot. Taking another look at the image though, the blue light reflected by the right wall seems to be much farther forward in the perspective then the two ships. Is there another ship in front of the top one? Are these ships MUCH larger then they may appear to be? Or is that another light source? I guess it could also be the effect of looking through the radial light.

bikermouse ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2002 at 1:54 AM

hey great - the ship in the lead. should it be lower? angle it upwards? otherwise no suggestions. i know i need new glasses(they're ALL scratched up).

Rochr ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2002 at 6:51 AM

Its a very loooong shaft... The blue light is the sun reflecting on the wall. The only lightsources used, is two radial light at the bottom of the shaft and one radial light in each engine. The two ships are exactly the same size as the rest of the crafts seen further away. Ive just placed them very close to the camera. As for the angles, thanx. But the front ship is actually throwing itself in front of the other ship and the reason for not angle it upwards, is that it would be flying up, instead of straight ahead which was my intesion.

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.