Sun, Oct 6, 5:12 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Footprints in the sand

Sihn ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2002 at 4:04 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 5:04 AM

How would you accomplish this in Bryce 4?

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2002 at 4:17 PM

It isn't as hard as you might think, make a pattern from either the terrain editor or a bmp, then place your object on the land, the land being a positive first (change in the editor) the prints or object as a negative, then group together and it will subtract your object from your land. Hope this helps...Sharen

Sihn ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2002 at 4:55 PM

Ahhh! That is so simple I would never have thought of it! duh! lol Thank you, Sharen

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2002 at 5:27 PM

You are quiet welcome, can't wait to see your render if you allow us to see it...Sharen

tom271 ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2002 at 5:35 PM

Hello everyone, I'm in a challenge posted in Rhino forum and would like to get information/materials..(photos, diagrams..etc) on the subject of fantasy air ships... like zeppelins and Joules Vern's type of stuff. I'm using Bryce5 to render, so I thought someone here must have worked or seen materials pertinent. Links would be very nice.... Tom271

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Erlik ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2002 at 6:40 PM

Somebody has already posted this, so you might dig a little: The zeppelin balloon can be faked with the steel cage material in Bryce.

-- erlik

Enforcer ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2002 at 6:55 PM

As you are modelling the zeppelin in Rhino, the material I would suggest for the "bag" would be the steel cage with the transpancy filter removed. This gives a nice plate metal material.

tom271 ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2002 at 7:45 PM

Thank you.... what I was looking for was design concept.. I can not recall with detail things like the design that was used in a Joules Vern's movie... you know..that waki 1890's flair look.. with the huge spinning wheels and steam coming out all over.. We don't know how it flew,,but it did.. maybe I need to look in some movie archive...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sihn ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2002 at 2:16 AM

file_6752.jpg

They turned out rather well, I think. Lots more to do on this image, though. :)

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2002 at 4:20 AM

They did turn out great, Sharen

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.