Sat, Sep 21, 2:48 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Python Scripting

Welcome to the Poser Python Scripting Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Python Scripting F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 2:50 am)

We now have a ProPack Section in the Poser FreeStuff.
Check out the new Poser Python Wish List thread. If you have an idea for a script, jot it down and maybe someone can write it. If you're looking to write a script, check out this thread for useful suggestions.

Also, check out the official Python site for interpreters, sample code, applications, cool links and debuggers. This is THE central site for Python.

You can now attach text files to your posts to pass around scripts. Just attach the script as a txt file like you would a jpg or gif. Since the forum will use a random name for the file in the link, you should give instructions on what the file name should be and where to install it. Its a good idea to usually put that info right in the script file as well.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Python for Truespace (Yes I know I'm off topic but this is only python area)

thunderdon ( ) posted Tue, 23 April 2002 at 12:57 PM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 6:05 AM

I am about to start a series of scenes that will contain many duplicate objects. To this end I need advise on how to do this using Python. I need to make both polar and rectangular array's. The polar ones will be for mechanically correct gears (the teeth). The script should check to see if an object is selected, prompt for one if not, ask Polar/Rectangular and for polar get center, radius and # of objects/degrees per object. Rectangular should ask Start point (Lower left) and rows/columns. Any Python mavens out there? If you know of any examples of THIS FUNCTIONALITY using Python please send link. If you can help I'll be eternally grateful and if you write it I'll be the above plus credit your script with making the scenes practical. thunderdon

bushi ( ) posted Tue, 30 April 2002 at 11:33 PM

From the sounds of it, you need to get into tkInter which is the standard Python GUI. It's built into Poser Python so it's available to do the dialog boxes and such that you'd need for a script like the one you're describing. Find this book: Python and tkInter Programming John E. Grayson Manning A great book that I'd highly recommend. It won't do anything for the Poser side of your script but it will help quite a bit in creating the user interface side.

thunderdon ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2002 at 3:05 PM

Thanks for advise and I will check threads later. I have to sign off for 2 weeks. JUST MIGHT HAVE A GREAT JOB! Assistant instructor, Computer Technologies Dept. for a local University. The next two weeks will be full of interviews and testing. ARAGH Be careful what you wish for! Anyway they came a-courting me so I have a leg up on this one already. Let you know what happens (If you hear sobbing late at night it's ME!). Don

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.