Sat, Sep 21, 11:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Corvette and Babe

Gromit ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2000 at 5:27 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:28 PM

Attached Link: 'Vette and Babe

I visit the Corvetteforum.com a lot and wanted a pic to use in my signature, so I created this image. I use a much smaller version in my signature, of course. I photographed my 'Vette with a digital camera (Kodak DC260), planning the camera angle so I could pose a girl on the hood. Then I brought the picture into Poser 4 as a background and created the girl. Had to get my wife to pose for me so I could get the girl's pose to look somewhat natural. I adjusted the camera angles to make her appear to be on the hood of the car, then rendered her against a black background, saving as a TIF file. I did four separate renders in order to get the girl, her reflection, and the light shadows she casts on the hood. Since Poser saves an alpha mask in the TIF file, all you have to do is load a selection, and pick the mask as the selection. The girl was automatically separated from the background, then I pasted her into the picture of the 'Vette on a separate layer. I did the same with each of the images I rendered. Because I had rendered against a black background, there was a black matte or fringe around the edges of the girl, so I used Layer, Matting, Remove Black Matte to get rid of that. I placed the girl on the hood, then used Free Transform to skew the reflection a little so it looked right, rotated it so it matched the girl, moved it into place and reduced its opacity to about 45%, and masked it off with a layer mask where it crosses the edge of the hood. I went through similar operations with the shadows, which I probably could have left off, they are so faint. I really only needed the renders of the girl to get the shape of the shadow outlines, which I filled with black and reduced the opacity to around 40%, skewed them until they looked to be flat on the hood, positioned them, and voila! Oh, the other thing I did was to paint on the girl's thong. I couldn't get the conforming bikini bottom to conform right in Poser.

Delrino ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2000 at 10:32 AM

Great Job! Its naturally posed and placed. just a little bit different from reality!! and thanx a lot for the small "tutorial" you gave us here!

adam ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2000 at 10:09 PM

WOW!! It looks just like the girl is sitting right on top of the hood. Great work with the reflection

3DSprite ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2000 at 8:26 PM

Awsome work Gromit!!!! I am very impressed!!! But come on!! Tell us the truth?? That is your wife on the hood right, heh, heh?? Good job making her look like a Poser figure wink ~3DSprite (just kidding bud);-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.