Sat, Sep 21, 3:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Using kpt gel in Bryce 5(hey who wanted this in the b6 wish list)

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Sat, 04 May 2002 at 10:27 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:52 AM

Some one wanted export to work on b5 terrain maps...specifically metioning kpt gel...I completely spaced it in the post until the plugins thread. Ya know in the terrain editor you can load your 2d plugins folder under the filter tab's little arrow. You have to readd the folder every time you add a new plugin. If you have kpt gel then it will show and you a can use it on you terrain map. I feel silly for not posting it before. B4 came with some old kpt plugins, but you have to provide your own for b5.

Tirjasdyn

Stephen Ray ( ) posted Sun, 05 May 2002 at 6:10 AM

file_7145.jpg

I also heard someone say the local Photoshop plug-in wouldn't work in Bryce. Not totally true, most of the effects in the photoshop filter folder will work.

When I pointed to my photoshop plug-in folder, all plug-ins were listed and a bunch made Bryce crash. So I created a new folder on my hard drive and copied all the filters I installed to photoshop
to it, and the photoshop filter folder.
Now my Bryce filter folder looks like this.

Any filters that Bryce has problems with either
gives a message to select an area, or that the filter
can't be used in Bryce, and it will remove it from the list.
Anyway none made it crash anymore.

Here's a couple of other things I just learned
in the TE.
hold down the Ctrl & Alt keys while clicking on
the picture button ( elevation tools ) to enter
the DTE, and use a procedural texture to create the terrain.

or the Ctrl & space bar keys while clicking on
the picture button ( elevation tools ) to enter
the picture editor.

Stephen Ray

foleypro ( ) posted Sun, 05 May 2002 at 7:45 AM

wow I am glad I put yes to e-mails on this forum I am very thankful for this info....

Imamik ( ) posted Sun, 05 May 2002 at 9:49 AM

hi, can u buy kpt gel alone or do you need to buy the hole bundle? thanks

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Sun, 05 May 2002 at 9:53 AM

Imamik go to Corel.com, they sell the kpts. As soon as i have time I'll post my canyon pic. I made the terrain with kpt gel in b5. It worked just fine. I install my plugins in a separate folder so they don't mix with the adobe natives. Those are the ones I link to in bryce.

Tirjasdyn

Stephen Ray ( ) posted Sun, 05 May 2002 at 4:03 PM

If you have the CD version of KPT 5, you have all the kpt3 series too, their in a folder on the CD, just browse the CD. Meta creations used to sell KPT filters separately, for about 20 or 25 $ a filter, but I don't think Coral does. Has anybody tried Coral's Premiere, I'm wondering what they have to offer, cause they sure don't tell you much at the website.

Stephen Ray

Stephen Ray ( ) posted Sun, 05 May 2002 at 4:08 PM

If you have the CD version of KPT 5, you have all the kpt3 series too, their in a folder on the CD, just browse the CD. Meta creations used to sell KPT filters separately, for about 20 or 25 $ a filter, but I don't think Coral does. Has anybody tried Coral's Premiere, I'm wondering what they have to offer, cause they sure don't tell you much at the website.

Stephen Ray

humorix ( ) posted Sun, 05 May 2002 at 9:39 PM

Hey I was the guilty party who posted the bit about KPT Gel! :-P Thanx 4 all the great info folks! :-) Am grateful!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.