Thu, Oct 3, 2:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Looking for junk and rats

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 05 May 2002 at 7:32 PM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 12:22 PM

Really :) I need some garbage suitable to strew around the street in a mid 18th c piece. (Kind of Dicken's "Oliver" time period) Broken crates, busted barrels, broken bottles, dead fish, wilted cabbage, crumpled paper, stuff like that. Also, does anyone have a good rat? Oh and preferably freestuff :) Thanks guys! Lyrra

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 05 May 2002 at 8:01 PM

I have a really bad rat (it's the Poser cat with Capsces' 9Lives morphs).

I'm not sure how I could distribute it, however. If I zipped the .cr2, it would include the Capsces morphs.

Preston ( ) posted Sun, 05 May 2002 at 8:01 PM

Attached Link: http://www.3dup.com

3DUP.com has a great Laboratory Rat. I believe it is in .3DS format. Of course you'll have to darken his fur as it is white and that doesn't sound like it would work in your scene.

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 05 May 2002 at 8:10 PM

LD, I have the capsces cat. I just need your dial settings and heres the cheating way to transport them. Go to poser, load the rat into a scene. Hit 'copy' (this copies the dial settings and such to the clipboard) Now open excel or even notepad. Excels better 'cause it keeps things tidy Paste. You should get a long column of text with numbers next to them. Send me that file :) (lyrra@cybernex.net) All I have to do is copy that info back onto the capces cat and poof - it turns into a rat. Neat huh :) THanks Preston, I'll go look it up right now. Lyrra

odeathoflife ( ) posted Sun, 05 May 2002 at 8:28 PM

there is a rat on turbosquid....it may behte labrat mentioned above

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 05 May 2002 at 8:43 PM

I'm familiar with the Copy trick, but when I use it, it only copies the dial settings for the currently selected element. I'd first have to copy Body and then each individual Body Part, which is a bit unwieldy. Or am I missing something?

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 05 May 2002 at 8:46 PM

I've had good luck with copying from Body to a new figure - but I wasn't dragging it through Excel first. And I just had a Doh! moment. Just save the rat as a pose, enabling the morph thingy. Duh :) Excuse me while I go find my brain :) Lyrra

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 05 May 2002 at 8:48 PM

Odeathoflife I wouldn't touch anything on Turbosquid with a ten foot polearm. They're are NOT careful about screening thewir merchants. I've known too many people who got burned through there to trust them in the slightest. But thanks anyway :) Lyrra

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 05 May 2002 at 9:02 PM

I'd considered a pose file, but it doesn't include scale settings. Oh, well. I'll send you the .pz2 and the copied dial settings; it's about 10KB, total.

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 05 May 2002 at 9:06 PM

Thanks LD :) I can't find the rat at 3Dup - although I did find a nice crocodile. I truly detest websites that only work with Exploder.

CryptoPooka ( ) posted Sun, 05 May 2002 at 9:16 PM

Okay. Someone somewhere (aren't I helpful today) has several damaged/rubbish/broken prop packs. Unfortunately, I don't remember if they were free (I'm pretty sure they're a pay package), or who had them. They are out there, though. I'll see if I can find them.

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 05 May 2002 at 10:41 PM

Yeah - there's a 'broken' series in the marketplace. But I'm kinda hoping for free stuff :) Lyrra

mmitchell_houston ( ) posted Sun, 05 May 2002 at 11:20 PM

Check out the archives at this site: http://www.baument.com/ There's a few items that will help you: barrels, buckets, wagon, and some blown-out buildings (which may be too modern, but perhaps you could modify them?) Good Luck.

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 
Alienware m16 R2 Laptop | Windows 11 Home | 64GB RAM |  Intel Core Ultra 7 155H 1.40 GHz | Nvidia RTX 4070 Laptop GPU 8GB 4608 CUDA Cores
mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com   |   Poser Noir Comics Tutorial   |   Illustrations Honored by Renderosity

bknoh ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2002 at 3:26 AM

I found the rat for you at http://www.3dup.com Go to the texture section and click on the models that appear under the texture selections. There you will find the rat.

webvogel ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2002 at 5:55 AM

That sounds itself after a challenge for an artist. Particularly the dead fish :O)). I have still another old water bucket with puddle, that could be much decorative. I can texture the object and prepare it as prop.. It does not come from me, but was however a Freebee

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.