Thu, Oct 3, 4:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: May Challenge - My THIRD entry

haegerst ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2002 at 7:09 AM ยท edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 4:27 PM

file_7985.jpg

Hi Folks, this is my third entry for the may challenge. This time its a Crashsite with a burning airplane and some burning trees. The scene took pretty long to render (about 14 hours on my P-450 128MB-Ram machine...), do you think it was worth the time? Be honest, I can cope with negative feedback. Do you think the fire looks realistic? Anyhow: Thanks for leaving a comment.

Vue content creator
www.renderarmy.com

gebe ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2002 at 7:17 AM

Looks great haegerst. I don't know if the fire looks as realistic as possible in Vue, because I've never done any fire. Also when my machine comes back, I will try what I can get out. But this one looke fine to me. I must say I always prefer an image without postwork, because then it is a real challenge. Otherwise you even would not need to create any fire in Vue, just add some in Photoshop, Painter or whatever:-) I will upload your image shortly to the challenge page:-) Guitta

tradivoro ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2002 at 9:28 AM

Well, honestly, I'm never one for long renders, and long renders don't always equal a great work of art... However, whether this pic took you 10 minutes or 14 hours, it looks great.. :) I guess the only thing would be to have the plane a little more banged up, but that's not a big deal... I don't know what setting you used for rendering, but it's a good quality.. I imagine whatever material you used for the fire is what took so long to render, cause it doesn't seem like you have a lot of stuff in the scene... Maybe you rendered to 300 dpi.. I don't know.. But it looks great and in all the time I've been here, I've never seen anybody do 3 entries for a challenge, so you're way ahead of the pack.. :)

NightVoice ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2002 at 10:27 AM

Another excellent pic! Sorry to use a bad pun but.."You are on fire!" :)

haegerst ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2002 at 10:42 AM

Thanks for your comments, folks. You always make my day with that. @tradivoro: Youre absolutely right, the plane should be a little bit "demolished" after a crash. Will note that down for further "crash-scenes". Im sure I can still improve the fires realism in my upcoming fourth (and hopefully last - Sorry Guitta for making so much work...) rendering for the may challenge. Dont want to say too much, but I still havent finished with my war-scenes. Also planning some space-images. Well see. Ya know this always depends on how much spare time I got the weekends (This one was a REAL "render-weekend"...). BTW: Thanx to you all for being a part of this wonderful community! Cheers! Stefan

Vue content creator
www.renderarmy.com

YL ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2002 at 4:19 PM

Your picture is hot Stefan :=) Yves

bloodsong ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2002 at 5:54 PM

heyas; i think your flame colours and shapes came out well, but the fire is too opaque. it looks painted in, instead of realistic. you can mess with experimenting with different material settings to see if you can get it looking better. try playing with the transparency fuzzy and/or additive stuff. and then in the effects tab, try messing with the lighting and (if you have vue 4) the luminosity and glow stuff. even the colour transmitted light and whatnot. but do a small test render, or just render part of your picture, while you play, not a whole 14 hour render! :)

haegerst ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2002 at 10:04 AM

Hi Bloodsong! Thanks very much for your comment. Will try that out immediately, thanks for the tips! Maybe Ill get some superior Fire material created in vue. Well see. I think for realistic flames Ill need to use several materials. Still experimenting. What a challenging challenge. (This time its me who got a silly phrase) ;-)

Vue content creator
www.renderarmy.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.