Thu, Oct 3, 12:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Lipsynch's Mimic Problem...

mmitchell_houston ( ) posted Sat, 11 May 2002 at 2:31 PM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 12:25 PM

I'm using Mimic and cannot get my renders to synchronize with the sound file. It seems like it's working okay Poser; I assign the pose and then run the animation in Fast Tracking mode and stop it at important parts of the speech to tweak the mouth a bit (more "OH" shape for certain words, etc.). I then render it and the sound plays MUCH faster than the animation. The lips keep moving long after the sound file has stopped talking. I've done this twice and have gotten the same results. --------------- I just did some math on my Mimic problem. My sound clip is 6.7 seconds long. My frame rate is 30. 6.7 * 30 = 201 My clip should run 201 frames. Yet, after applying the Mimic Pose, it comes out to be 238 frames (7.9 seconds). VERY odd. Why is it mistiming? So, I just reran Mimic with different text (I even went to Fantasy 3D's online Poser LipSynch Utility and converted the text to phonemes) and it produced an animation with 205 frames (much closer to the target of 201). I rendered it again and still have the same problem. I just reset it not to "skip frames" (which was off before) and retime keyframes to every 3 frames. I'm going to rerender, but I don't have high hopes. Any idea what's going on?

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 
Alienware m16 R2 Laptop | Windows 11 Home | 64GB RAM |  Intel Core Ultra 7 155H 1.40 GHz | Nvidia RTX 4070 Laptop GPU 8GB 4608 CUDA Cores
mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com   |   Poser Noir Comics Tutorial   |   Illustrations Honored by Renderosity

mmitchell_houston ( ) posted Sat, 11 May 2002 at 4:06 PM

The answer is KEYFRAMES! I had been rendering to uncompressed video and that was the problem. You can't store keyframe info in uncompressed video. I switched to Microsoft's codec and inserted keyframes every 10 frames (1/3 second) and now it works fine.

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 
Alienware m16 R2 Laptop | Windows 11 Home | 64GB RAM |  Intel Core Ultra 7 155H 1.40 GHz | Nvidia RTX 4070 Laptop GPU 8GB 4608 CUDA Cores
mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com   |   Poser Noir Comics Tutorial   |   Illustrations Honored by Renderosity

martindj ( ) posted Sat, 11 May 2002 at 7:23 PM

Yes, it's the same with TextPuppet.

MaterialForge ( ) posted Sat, 11 May 2002 at 7:42 PM

Interesting...that's good to know for when I get Mimic, thanks for the heads-up!

mmitchell_houston ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2002 at 1:01 AM

Glad to help. A very simple solution to two day's worth of griping and yelling at my computer.

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.