Sun, Oct 6, 7:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Stephanie

Hyria ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2002 at 9:08 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 6:01 AM

I was thinking of purchasing Stephanie and I just have two questions: 1. Do you have to have Vicky to use her? 2. Does anyone here have her and is she much different from Vicky?

Insanity is a waking state...Darkness is a being...Want To Play.........heheheheh

wdupre ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2002 at 9:13 PM
  1. No 2. Yes and Yes ;)

ronknights ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2002 at 9:15 PM

Here's a confusing issue for me: I thought Stephanie was somehow based on Mike's mesh, and that meant you needed Mike to use Stephanie. I visited the DAZ3D site, and there is no mention about needing any other character to use Stephanie?! So is Stephanie indeed a "stand alone" character? Like many others, I got Stephanie for free because I had bought Michael 2 at the right time! Message671422.jpg

jelisa ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2002 at 9:32 PM

Stephanie was based on Mike's mesh, however, she has her own obj file: blStephanie.obj. You don't need Michael to have Stephanie. Her cr2 file in the characters library references her obj file, not Michael's. -darlisa

Bobasaur ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2002 at 9:38 PM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/pages/faq/faq.html

I just came from the Daz3d Site. There's a FAQ that very specifically addressess these issues & more. It's worth the time to check it out!

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

Barbarellany ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2002 at 10:37 PM

Vicky is curvy-er than Stephanie. Steph has squarer sholders and more boyish build - closer to Uma Thurman and a great face. You can give her Mikes morphs. Look in the gallery for the characters and you will get more of an idea

Briggie ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2002 at 1:53 AM

I prefer Steph to Vicky. It could be the fact that she likes to take my eyebrow textures better then Vick does :P

Eowyn ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2002 at 6:34 AM

And Stephanie's eye morphs are SO much better than Vicki's!!! Too bad she doesn't have all those wonderful full body morphs Vicki does. :(

Mosca ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2002 at 7:42 AM

If you didn't get her free, don't bother, IMO. She has better muscularity morphs than Vic, but her breast morphs aren't so great (from squre to even more square to REALLY square), an issue if you're doing nudes.

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2002 at 12:13 PM

Actually if you are looking for a different look she is good. I think that she is a great model and well worth the money. I like her morphs, and there is a lot of great stuff coming out for her. Also you can give her a masculine look and make her look like a younger male who can use Mike's texture maps. Don't be so quick to overlook her. Marque

Jim Burton ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2002 at 1:29 PM

While this is sort of confusing, I think the best whay to think of Stephanie is Vickie usings some of Mike's mesh (and there is no trace of Mike left, honest, it is more like Mike's UV mapping). And she has a set of morphs to change her into another character, Stephanie. It should be noted that DAZ's statements about her fitting Vickie's clothing is with the Stephanie morphs off, or else a rather loose fit. I think she has a much better shape than stock Vickie with the Stephanie morphs turned on (same shape with 'em off). Her joints don't work any better (or worse!), as she has all of Vickie's joint parameters. DAZ has gotten a little more real too, of her 4 breast size morphs only one makes them bigger! But I wouldn't say she can't be improved upon...

Hyria ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2002 at 1:42 PM

I think even we can always be improved on so why not the characters we create.(smiles with an ornery grin) Thanks to all for the answers, I'll need to save my pennies to get her and several other items that I see beckoning to me.

Insanity is a waking state...Darkness is a being...Want To Play.........heheheheh

Chailynne ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2002 at 3:32 PM

I'm just hoping they do a Steph 2 now. Vicki 2 added a lot of morphs we're now used to and Steph needs to be expanded.

arcady ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2002 at 4:53 PM

(from squre to even more square to REALLY square), ------------------------------------------------------ By this do you mean you can see where the polygons intersect like you sometimes get when you zoom up on a low polygon model? Or something else?

Truth has no value without backing by unfounded belief.
Renderosity Gallery

ronknights ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2002 at 9:29 PM

file_8076.jpg

If you get Stephanie, you might want to download my Stephanie Face Library from Free Stuff. Hey the price is right! Free! ![Message671422.jpg](http://www.renderosity.com/photos/Message671422.jpg)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.