Sun, Sep 22, 3:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Director's Cut

Welcome to the Director's Cut Forum

(Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:03 am)

A forum for animators, home video buffs and aspiring filmmakers to discuss the tools and techniques of desktop digital video editing and post effects.
Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Animators wanted for DragonCon video project

bobhobz ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2002 at 10:30 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 3:38 AM

My name is Bob Hobbs, scifi/fantasy/digital artist. In case you don't know who I am, I've been doing scifi illustrations since 1990 for such magazines as Amazing Stories and Talebones, books such as The Star Trek Concordance and Steve Jackson Games' New Sun rpg and Wizards of the Coast's Legend of the Five Rings ccg. Over 300 illustrations published so far. I also created the banner for the artshow this year. Check out my website at www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/6571 for samples and client list. Some of you may remember my posting a while back concerning a Virtual Opera project. That is moving along well and I appreciate all those who responded. You'll be contacted soon with more information on that when my production partner and the composer returns from Ireland. Well, I'm planning on putting on a demonstration at this year's DragonCon and I'll need the help of about 12 animators looking for some exposure and self-promotion. This multi-media project will be shown at DragonCon's artshow and I will be making copies of it on CD as promos to be handed out at the convention and mailed out to Hollywood. There is no pay for this project but it'll be worth it's weight in gold for all the exposure you'll get at the nation's largest convention of it's kind which last year was attended by over 20,000 including celebrities, comic book companies, actors, authors and many other movers and shakers in the scifi business. In a nutshell: I am scheduled to do a slide-show lecture showcasing my work. But I don't want to do the boring, 35mm slide show that is normally done by most artists. Instead I want it to be a video that is entertaining. I want to find 12 animators who will each be given several pieces of my artwork that are related to each other and I want an animation built around them. The animation must include the artwork in some way, have a music track and last 3-5 minutes. A music video type thing which will last about 1 hour total when all the animations are assembled. I'll edit and assemble all the animations in Adobe Premiere with the help of some video experts working with me and burn it to CD for presentation using a computer projection/sound system. Copies of the CD will be handed out to interested parties and I will also mail copies of it to animation houses in Hollywood so your name, contact info, etc. will be in the credits and on the CD cover which will be designed by me. If interested, please contact me via email at bobhobz@bellsouth.net by May 28th. If I can't get 12 animators, then some may get to do more than one animation. The animations must be exciting and can be done anyway you like to show off your talents. More details to those who respond. Hope to hear from you. Bob Hobbs

Sipapu ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2002 at 10:57 AM

Why don't you also post a link to this thread in the OT forum? You'll get a broader readership there.

bobhobz ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2002 at 7:13 PM

Thanks Sipapu. Ummm...how do I do that?

Sipapu ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2002 at 9:04 PM

Ya know what? I just realized I can simply move this thread for you. That'll be even better than posting a link. BUT, I forgot that we have a new forum, called the Director's Cut, which is where the animators hang out. So that's where I'm going to put it. Here we go..... Thread moved to Director's Cut from Contest Annoucements forum. Sipapu

bobhobz ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2002 at 9:23 PM

As an addendum to my posting on this project, interested parties can also IM me if they'd prefer not to send an email. Bobhobz

bobhobz ( ) posted Thu, 16 May 2002 at 10:37 AM

Thanks to all those who've responded so far. I still need a few more to add to the collaboration if anyone is interested.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.