Thu, Oct 3, 12:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Python Scripting

Welcome to the Poser Python Scripting Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Python Scripting F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 2:50 am)

We now have a ProPack Section in the Poser FreeStuff.
Check out the new Poser Python Wish List thread. If you have an idea for a script, jot it down and maybe someone can write it. If you're looking to write a script, check out this thread for useful suggestions.

Also, check out the official Python site for interpreters, sample code, applications, cool links and debuggers. This is THE central site for Python.

You can now attach text files to your posts to pass around scripts. Just attach the script as a txt file like you would a jpg or gif. Since the forum will use a random name for the file in the link, you should give instructions on what the file name should be and where to install it. Its a good idea to usually put that info right in the script file as well.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Is there a "Select All" function or method...

mmitchell_houston ( ) posted Thu, 16 May 2002 at 12:52 PM · edited Sun, 14 July 2024 at 11:14 PM

I would like to collect all properties from ALL objects, props, lights, etc. Can I do this at a global scale (say, to the entire "universe," as noted in the hierarchy edtior), or must I first return a list (array) of all items in the universe and then loop through that, extracting properties for each one, individually? Please see my other post on saving the LAST frame of an animation for my full intent.

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 
Alienware m16 R2 Laptop | Windows 11 Home | 64GB RAM |  Intel Core Ultra 7 155H 1.40 GHz | Nvidia RTX 4070 Laptop GPU 8GB 4608 CUDA Cores
mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com   |   Poser Noir Comics Tutorial   |   Illustrations Honored by Renderosity

bushi ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2002 at 12:17 AM

In the folder Python/poserScripts/PrintInfo there are a couple of scripts (inventory.py and printFigAndActorInfo.py) that show how this is done. And yes, you will have to collect a list of all the actors.

mmitchell_houston ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2002 at 2:05 AM

Hmmmm. Thanks for the tip. I'll check them out. I was all hot and bothered to write that script last weekend, then I got side tracked with some new sound editing software and now I'm working on my soundtrack. But I will definitely get back to this script idea in the next week or so.

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 
Alienware m16 R2 Laptop | Windows 11 Home | 64GB RAM |  Intel Core Ultra 7 155H 1.40 GHz | Nvidia RTX 4070 Laptop GPU 8GB 4608 CUDA Cores
mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com   |   Poser Noir Comics Tutorial   |   Illustrations Honored by Renderosity

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.