Sat, Sep 21, 12:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Adjustment layer in ImageReady

fuli42 ( ) posted Wed, 15 May 2002 at 6:05 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 9:23 AM

Hi! I wanted to do some cool animated gifs, playing with te adjustment layers/opacity, and the tween option, but I can't find the adjustment layers command. I wanted to fade out the image, by reducing its contrast. Any idea? Thank you Fuli

retrocity ( ) posted Wed, 15 May 2002 at 7:45 AM

Fuli, which version? i don't think it matters too much, just some thing may not be where i say...

Do your digital jiggery in Photoshop and jump to ImageReady.
You should see the same palettes that are available in PS.
When you have the Animation (Windows > Show Animation) palette open there is a built in TWEEN function that has someparameter that allow to adjust the opacity and the number of frames for this to take affect on (the number of frames will impact the level of opacity i.e. higher the number lower the opacity change). You can apply this to all layers OR to the "selected layer" (this opens up some creative options)

Another palette you will want to experiment with the options available is the "Layer Option/Style" (Windows > Show Layer Option/Style) This also has the "opacity" adjustment slider...

Try using some of these and see if you can get the effects you're looking for.

RetroCity

fuli42 ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2002 at 3:27 AM

Attached Link: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/orto.family/chambre

THank you Retrocity! You got it right, the tween function is what I am experimenting with right now, I want to do a fade out effect, by reducing the contrast to zero. I would do it by having an adjustment layer, with zero (or minus whatever) contrast, and tweening its opacity. The problem I am having, is that I've cut out the adjustment layer, so that only one cell or slice is affected, but it overlaps to other cells, which in turn, also become aniated gifs, and get affected by the mouseOver, which significantly increases the size of the page. I could not make the grids in ImageReady appear, so I couldn't slice the image along the cells. Not if it was a big problem, I can do the slicing and layer cut in Photshop, then move over to ImageReady. Thank you Fuli

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.