Sat, Sep 21, 5:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Ship's Mast

ASalina ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2002 at 7:52 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 5:49 AM

file_8824.jpg

Taken today onboard the Amistad. The Amistad is a replica of the famous slave ship of the same name. It was, I believe, built by school kids under the guidance of ship builders. The workmanship is quite remarkable, and the ship is quite seaworthy. Aside from a few of the crew I had the whole boat to myself for photographing.

Slynky ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2002 at 8:03 PM

mad nice composition dude! You gotta bring the rope and wood textures out a bit though, then I won't have any complaints. Great shot man.

ASalina ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2002 at 9:39 PM

file_8825.jpg

Ok Slynk, here's one with the contrast and saturation jacked up. Not sure how to get anything more out of it. Any suggestions?

PhrankPower ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2002 at 10:48 PM

Very nice. 2nd version did it. I'd love to see more.

starshuffler ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2002 at 11:49 PM

The second one I like better! Interesting wood textures :-) (*

bevchiron ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2002 at 1:24 AM

Second one is great, the colours & detail really add to the cool composition.

elusive.chaos

"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star...." (Nietzsche)

doruksal ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2002 at 1:39 AM

Grandiose..! But, I think I like the first one better somehow as it seems closer to what you were actually seeing, and that rather monochromatic (but, surely multi-tonal) appearance is attractive...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.