Wed, Sep 18, 11:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Naked chicks in a temple: A mystery to me.

ronknights ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2002 at 11:04 PM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 8:54 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_8856.jpg

I looked at yet another render of a naked Vicky in a temple, and was hit by a startling question. "Just why is there such a fascination for naked women in temples?" For the life of my I couldn't come up with an answer. Then I realized I'd never made a "Naked Chick in a Temple" render yet! Heck, I hunted through my collection frantically, and the best I could find was a room in a temple, I guess. I literally slapped together this render before running off to work. I still need to repose the women, and get shadows in the picture. But this is a "momentous moment." I made my first "Naked Vicky in the Temple" render. So can anyone answer the question? What is the fascination or origin of the "Naked Vicky/Chick in the Temple" pictures?! ![Message671422.jpg](http://www.renderosity.com/photos/Message671422.jpg)

cherokee69 ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2002 at 11:30 PM

Ron, Your guess is as good as mine and I sure don't have an answer but I can tell you that after you've seen so many, you get tired of looking at them. They all start looking alike.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2002 at 11:39 PM
  1. Most Poser users are mammals. 2) Many Poser users were exposed to religion at an early age. 3) Poser has certain technical limitations with clothing. Some people haven't learned how to conforming the clothing to the figures, let alone making new clothes from scratch. Others don't want to learn. 4) See #1.

XSashaX ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2002 at 12:13 AM

Start making naked guys in temples. :-)

XSashaX

tiamatdx ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2002 at 12:27 AM

Because there's too many naked vickys on a black background

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2002 at 1:09 AM

The goddess concept is found in many cultures. The ancient Romans had Venus (Aphrodite to the Greeks). In Egypt, there was Isis, Kali avenges evil in Hindu theology. Nordic mythology has the Valkyries. Some of the earliest artworks discovered are the nude "venus" statues of prehistoric Europe, which were perhaps fertility figures. By creatuing an image of nude women in a temple, you are merely expressing of an ancient Jungian archetype which has existed throughout human existence.of The pose on the right, however, would seem to owe more to New Orleans' notorious Storyville redlight district than to Boticelli. Still, the Goddess would no be be pleased with your offering.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

wdupre ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2002 at 1:30 AM

My theory? Guys just like naked women, and a temple is more exotic then a living room(and less furniture to render too). but I agree it's become so overdone it's boaring. so how about more naked chicks in the water? ;) ((((groan))))

jarm ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2002 at 2:15 AM

Well let's just expand on the theme, instead of naked women inside a temple, how about naked woman OUTSIDE the temple, or on top of the temple, or just off to the side, down the road near the local corner shop?

FishNose ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2002 at 3:55 AM

Look, people, derision towards other people's tastes and likes is always unpleasant. Let people do temples and naked Vickis if they want to, OK? All the pompous attitudes here just depress me. I don't do naked Vickis in temples, doesn't interest me, but it's fine by me if others do. I dislke other things, and I DON'T PICK on you guys of you do those things, OK? I respect your likes and tastes, it's your business, not mine. So butt out, do what you like, let others do what they like. OK? Jeez..... this is a free forum, we're all doing Poser together, drop the sarky stuff and get on with it instead. Render fully clothed Vickis or naked if you like, any environment you like, fine by me. I won't pick in you for it. I know I won't make any friends with this, it's never popular to get a negative reaction, but I'm really sick of this kneejerk moralising, it pops up at least once a week, about how people can render naked Vickis everywhere, etc etc.... Get a life. :] FishNose

ronknights ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2002 at 6:34 AM

The whole intent of this thread, and my first Naked Vickies in a Temple Render was to answer a question in my mind. This question was prompted by a new temple that was showcased in the Product Showcase (of course). I am blessed or cursed with an inquisitive, sensitive, artistic mind. I dare to ask myself and others questions like "Why is the sky blue?!", "Why does racial prejudice exist?!", "Don't you think we would have already thought of every variation of how to store our food by now?!", "How can people stand those loud steroes that shake my car when they go by?" I'm full of questions, and a search for meaning. I also have many insights that provide a fresh perspective to a situation for others. *** I do believe everyone here expressed their own interpretation or answer to the question. I don't believe anyone really insulted the "Naked Chick in a Temple Artists." However, FishNose's comment: "Get a Life?!" FishNose, you missed the point entirely. Perhaps you can think of a more original response? One that shows more creative effort? Or as my wife says (jokingly): "I know you are, but what am I?!" Message671422.jpg

Huolong ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2002 at 7:03 AM

Shallow, vapid interpretations ... this is a seminal work revealing post coital revelations ... from left to right, the three immortal notations: Left: So that's what it's like Center: Wow! Right: Is that all there is?

Gordon

ronknights ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2002 at 7:23 AM

To be truthful: I'm in the process or reinstalling all my Poser stuff. Apparently I hadn't installed all my Vicky Poses. I got lazy and used what I had already installed. I was in the process of making changes when it was time to get to work. I rendered what I had with the "preface" that it is a Work In Progress. I just couldn't wait to post the question. I am now in the process of installing the rest of my Vicky Poses. But hey, instead I might just make a Naked Mikes in the Temple parody! Message671422.jpg

Legume ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2002 at 8:06 AM

Jungian archetypes aside, I see it as an extension of the pop culture imagery of artists like Frazetta and Vallejo. A few years back, some modelers here who like Frazetta-style fantasy work started creating swords and helmets and temples and gave them away for free. Then other fans of the sword/sorcery/fantasy genre of art/literature downloaded these freebies and started using them. This inevitably led to the modelers selling this popular stuff once the sites started up their stores, and by then the genre was so well entrenched here that the stores became inundated with the accoutrements needed to create even more naked Vickies in Temples. As for your image, Ron, when you decide to redo it, don't forget to make the breasts bigger, and give her a sword and magic helmet. Am I bashing the genre? No, not really. I think what many people are sick of is the preponderance of this genre in the gallery. Boris Vallejo, Frank Frazetta, these are masters of the genre...and there are very few fine artists who are successful at the sword & Sorcery genre. But Poser has made it possible for HUNDREDS of people all in the same place to be able to create images of this type. If we were all oil painters here, Boris and Frazetta would get lost in the crowd...and many people would never want to wade through thousands of oil paintings of naked women with helmets on the chance of finding that impressive Frazetta painting. Imagine if images of windmills in pastures was popular...wouldn't you get bored after the 5000th one?

ronknights ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2002 at 8:24 AM

Wow, that's surely a fine insight into the subject!! By the way, Legume, your forum at Poser Pros is excellent! I visit it once and awhile, whenever my busy schedule (and absent-minded brain) permit! Message671414.jpg Ron

thgeisel ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2002 at 8:52 AM

No, its only because she has no sword and helmet!!Its the weight that keeps her down:-))

melanie ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2002 at 9:10 AM

But you forgot the sword. Don't they usually hold a sword? Melanie :)

ronknights ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2002 at 9:21 AM

Tee-hee. This was a quickie render before going to work. I'd planned on re-posing the women, and fixing the lights so they had shadows. I didn't think all naked women in Temples had swords?! Don't some of them just stand or sit, pray, or just look "pretty?!" What do I know? This was my first Naked Chicks in a Temple render!!! Message671422.jpgMessage671422.jpg

Mosca ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2002 at 9:31 AM

Know what? I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with satire and parody, and I think it's a profoundly Good Thing to send up the "establishment" whenever possible, art being subversive by nature. Especially here, where there's a whole Temple/Sword/Helmet industry aimed at grinding the stuff out 24/7. AND I think that if the Helmet/Temple/Sword vendors are so hopelessly thin-skinned that they can't tolerate a bit of poking now and then, then it is they who should "get a life." What we have here is a pop-art formula, not much different from the romance novel or the t.v. sit-com. The presence (or absence) of particular (pictorial) elements determine, for the audience, whether the piece succeeds or fails esthetically. In this case the formula consists of elfin-featured Vicky gazing meditatively into the middle distance under a cascade of post-worked hair; standing either a) in a temple or b) on a rocky outcrop; wearing one or more of the following: helmet (big horns are good!), sword, skimpy armor, drapey thing, loin cloth, and/or head jewelry--at least one boob must be fully visible. Certain crazes come and go, often triggered by the introduction of new props (i.e., the Egyptian thing), but the formula remains essentially the same. Not that there's anything wrong with that; most people are followers by impulse, and tend to emulate "success"--look at pop music or movies or t.v. or genre lit if you think this place gets derivative. Again, I have no beef with Vicky-in-a-Temple Corp.; whatever floats your little ol' boat. But don't tell me not to think about it or talk about it or make jokes about it--it's here, it's in my face, and it's fair game. A note of warning, though--the PTB have made it clear that they don't tolerate much foolishness (NO skateboarding in the mall): remember what happened to C&D and the Joke Patrol (whose names are legend). Not that Vicky doesn't look damn good in a helmet; she does.

Mosca ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2002 at 9:37 AM

I forgot: the title has to be something like Deep Thoughts.

steveshanks ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2002 at 9:49 AM

I think the naked woman in an empty room is a classic come on, like theres nothing else in there so it only means one thing :o)....add the temple to the scene and the "offering" increases LOL......as for how many there are here..um ! well you don't here folks say i hate the louvre its full of chubby women draped over red curtains LOL, women of all shapes and sizes are natures greatest creation and thats why you see so many naked ones in art :o)........Steve

ronknights ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2002 at 9:58 AM

Hey, we're getting some really great, insightful and informative responses here! Now remember I started this thread because I was honestly wondering about the origin of the Naked Chick in the Temple concept. I mean why not have Naked Chick in the Living Room, Kitchen, Backyard, Supermarket?! Then I was wondering why this theme seemed so prevalent around here. And then the realization hit me: I honestly hadn't created one single Naked Chick in a Temple render in the past year or so that I've been using Poser. Heck, I had to hunt frantically for anything resembling a temple for this render!! I did this render as a "last minute job" before rushing off to work. It was sheer torture waiting 8-9 hours before I could hurry home, and post this question. Message671422.jpg Ron

FishNose ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2002 at 10:07 AM

This thread suddenly turned very funny! :o] thgeisel, of course you're right, it's the weight that's required to keep them down! Especially since they're naked, and light as feathers. I mean, vertices don't weigh much, do they? :] FishNose

Roy G ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2002 at 10:34 AM

file_8857.jpg

I recently put this together so my Vic's could go worship properly. :)

Mosca ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2002 at 10:40 AM

Now THAT's funny. Could ya post it in Free Stuff? Maybe we should have a Vicky/Helmet challenge. Of course, being a person of enterprise, you'll probably want to sell it in the Marketplace for $20.

wdupre ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2002 at 11:14 AM

that Vicky, she sure is horny ((((huge groan))))

Roy G ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2002 at 11:19 AM

I would but it's made up of a lot of props by others. And I have no way at this point of even properly crediting any of the real creators. It was just thrown together as a silly joke. But I'm glad you liked it.

tjohn ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2002 at 2:17 PM

I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but is the lady on the right doing psychic surgery on her own right kidney? Her hand appears to penetrate her side. Really, guys, this was a fun thread!

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

ronknights ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2002 at 4:17 PM

tjohn: you're not hurting my feelings. This was a Work In Progress thrown together before I went to work. I never fixed any obvious problems, or others no one else seemed to notice. The real essence here is the question of the origin of the Naked Chicks in the Temple. Message671422.jpg

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2002 at 5:17 PM

Obviously, the power of this image is such that Ron was moved to create one, even though he isn't sure why. It does seem however that there has been a recent spate questioning/cricicism of the prevalence of nude Vicky images in the gallery. Indeed, the commentary is beginning to become as ubiqutous as the imagery itself. Of course, I read these threads freely and under no duress, other than a fascination with why people are so moved to lament what is obviously a popular theme. Look at the thumbnails. If templar naked Vickiness, is evident, move on. Cluck to yourself about the plebean tastelessness of the masses, by all means, but move on. If thy left mouse button offends thee, pluck it out. This is the future. Naked Vicky in the temple is art for our time, brazen yet accessible, sacred and yet profane, eternal yet evanescent. This is the evolution from the thinly veiled misogyny of Lautrec's prostitutes and Picasso's diemembered women to a new post-post modernist reverence for the female form. True, the old guard will find it loathsome but it's power cannot be denied. Now, cease your lamentations. Go and render naked Vickys in temples. You know you want to, you have to. Your minds are growing weak. She has won. Ha ha ha ha ha ha!..

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

ronknights ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2002 at 5:40 PM

file_8858.jpg

Yes, well, I found time to make another render! ![Message671422.jpg](http://www.renderosity.com/photos/Message671422.jpg)

Jaqui ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2002 at 7:21 PM

~lol~ but what about the "vestal virgins?" the priestess' in temples that were "virgins" while the sun was up, the rumour is that they were great lays after sundown. ~g~

Traveler ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2002 at 7:52 PM

Normally I don't comment on these kinds of threads, because I have read them over and over again in different variations in the past, however I was thinking about the early days when I was a poser (and Bryce) newbie.... One of my first renders was a trio of nekkid demon chicks in a temple.... And look how I ended up :) -Trav

Legume ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2002 at 11:28 PM

So it's YOUR FAULT, huh, Trav? GIT A ROPE!

Traveler ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2002 at 6:23 AM

Yep, it's all my fault :)

Roy G ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2002 at 3:35 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=186100&Start=1&Sectionid=1&WhatsNew=Yes

I went to the Louve in Paris not long ago. I saw a painting made in 1401 that would easily compare to some of the "Vic in a Temple" type art we see today. She had a big sword, armor, helmet, and was posed in a little alcove.

Link is for an updated image of my "Horny Vic in a Temple"
Sorry no nudity.

Hiram ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2002 at 5:38 PM

Poser aside, the image has been with us for centuries. It says: I am pagan woman who would do you. Everybody knows pagan women are easy.

Legume ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2002 at 7:19 PM

"Uh-oh!", said Dr.Legume, as he reached for his asbestos suit...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.