Mon, Oct 21, 11:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: Mouth artifacts

rtamesis ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2000 at 1:46 AM ยท edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:21 PM

I just wanted to report that some invisible geometry inside the mouth cavity is causing artifacts to be evident when using Traveller's lip corners back morph that he posted in his site. Using the group tool and magnets, I've only been partially successful in isolating the offending vertices, but their invisibility in some positions is making it very slow going. If someone has a way of making this mouth cavity geometry visible so that areas that break through the skin become obvious, it will make things easier to remedy these artifacts.

rtamesis ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2000 at 1:50 AM

BTW, the mouth artifacts become especially obvious when you attempt to render the face of the P4 woman and the lip corners back morph is applied at greater than the +0.230 setting on the dial.

rtamesis ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2000 at 7:26 AM

It becomes more visible by wireframe mode. The vertices go at crazy angles at the lip corners, making it difficult to tell where the skin begins and where the offending vertices are poking out of. I'll try selecting by material, as you suggested.

Nance ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2000 at 7:16 PM

And you still can't grab'em in Poser, you could try going into UVMapper and selecting them, then assigning a new group or material name to just those polys. Also, have you made certain it is polys from the inside of the mouth and not the tounge that is poking through? -- that bagged me once.

rtamesis ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2000 at 10:53 PM

It was the inner mouth geometry that was producing the problem. I solved the problem by first making the skin and the lips of the head transparent, making the inner mouth visible. Then, using the group tool, I selected the inner mouth by material just as Allerleirauh suggested and then deselected the vertices except for the ones at the mouth corners. I then created a magent, set its mag zone to affect only the selected inner mouth vertices, then used the magnet to push back those pesky protruding vertices. I then saved the modified geometry as a morph then combined it with Traveller's lip corners back morph to create a corrected morph. I'll post the corrected morph as soon as I find the webspace to do so with Traveller's permission.

Nance ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2000 at 5:55 AM

Well done!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.