Wed, Oct 9, 12:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 08 7:44 pm)

Subject: Portrait challenge WINNER is...

smerc ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 4:28 PM · edited Wed, 09 October 2024 at 12:30 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/contest.ez?contest_id=76

...Blackhearted Congratulations to Blackhearted for winning the challenge. Lets give him a hand. Blackhearted ...1st (Stunning Vicky that fills your monitor) Laurie_S...2nd (Very handsome elven cahracter) Cada...3rd (Incredible Orc character based on Michael) I am really happy with this challenge. We had many (64) very good entries. People were posting tips. I know I learned alot. So Blackhearted, what do you have in mind for the next challenge?? smerc

Blackhearted ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 5:08 PM

thanks :) hmm.. do i have some time to think about it? this kindof took me by suprise (someone just directed me to this post).

Ms_Outlaw ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 5:08 PM

Congrats to all the winners. There was some stunning work submitted.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 5:14 PM

Way to go Blackhearted. This was the most successfull challenge yet. Tashar 59

smerc ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 5:24 PM

Take some time Blackhearted. Would just like to announce the next challenge tomorrow in time for the long weekend (USA) Plus everyone should feel free to make suggestions. Just remember some people only have basic poser :) smerc

Lucy_Fur ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 5:28 PM

Well I'll be damned, Black G hugs Congratulations!!

Blackhearted ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 5:33 PM

hmm... ive been thinking of something along the lines of a themed image.. that way people could use whatever programs were at their disposal, and create whatever image they wanted, as long as it fit the theme... perhaps a theme such as 'fear', or 'longing', 'evil', etc. what do you folks think? any suggestions before i set it in stone? cheers, -gabriel

Blackhearted ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 5:34 PM

squirms thanks furby :)

TheDreamWeaver ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 5:45 PM

Ah - the portrayal of an emotion - that would be a good one. You could either pick one specific, or leave it open - let ppl try to work some strong emotion onto some Poser figures' faces.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 5:49 PM

ive got it! i think this one will get quite a bit of participation... the next challenge: create an avatar for yourself. this can be ANYTHING.. how strictly it is based on your actual self is up to you. it could range from a character that looks like you do in real-life to a total fantasy. if you want to morph michael/victoria/stephanie to resemble you, go for it. if you want to create a purple gorilla with a cowboy hat and garters, more power to ya. human, animal, faerie, monster, vegetable - anything goes. use whatever clothing, morphs, models, props, textures, backgrounds or whatever you like - but keep in mind that the main focus should be the solo character, so try not to detract from it with elaborate scenery. im really interested in seeing what everyone comes up with ;) ill leave the ironing out of the details in smerc's capable hands. good luck to everyone! cheers, -gabriel

Blackhearted ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 5:52 PM

ah - i should define 'avatar', since its not exactly a common term and some people might misunderstand. in this sense, an 'avatar' is your digital persona. its a representation (or manifestation) of your 'online' self.

smerc ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 5:57 PM

Ohh, I hate ironing ;) But, the challenge idea sound great! I'll type it up and get another challenge entry page. smerc

pokeydots ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 6:03 PM

Congratulations to all of you! These were some great portraits :) And Blackhearted I love your idea for the next challenge :)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

Blackhearted ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 6:10 PM

thank you pokey - i tried to think of something which wouldnt end up with 100 nude vicky pinups that would inevitably be posted by almost everyone (myself included :)... not that theres anything wrong with nude vicky pinups, i just think this will stimulate the creativity a bit more. and i think itll be fun - since im sure there will be a HUGE variety of images, ranging from the photorealistic to the totally abstract. as an optional addition - feel free to post a little inset image of your real life self, btw - if you like. would make it even more interesting. as for myself - im tempted to model a potato and post it as my avatar, since my nature is so akin to that of one... but it would be too easy so ill have to come up with something a little more elaborate ;) cheers, -gabriel

Blackhearted ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 6:17 PM

oh - i dont know how prizes usually go for these contests - since this is the first one ive entered... but id like to offer any item from my store to the winner of the next challenge. if anyone else would like to volunteer some of their store items, we could really get the participation up :)

smerc ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 6:38 PM

Blackhearted if you would like to set up an official renderosity hosted "contest" send me an IM. That goes for any other merchant also :) Contest take a little more time to set up then a challenge. smerc

nikitacreed ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 6:59 PM

Congrats Gabe! =OD

Blackhearted ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 7:04 PM

ok, then let it be an unofficial 'reward' type thing. the winner can just shoot me an IM (or if im around ill contact them) and they can choose whatever they like. perhaps later ill have time to think up of some more elaborate official contest... but right now ive got my hands full - ive JUST moved into my new place and 90% of my belongings are still in boxes ;( cheers, -gabriel

PabloS ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 8:15 PM

"...i tried to think of something which wouldnt end up with 100 nude vicky pinups"

...but what if everyone thinks they're a nude vicki?!?

Dave-So ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 8:37 PM

Hey, congrats Gabriel, on the portrait :) persona coming up.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

movida ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 9:15 PM

Hey, I did a nude Stephanie pin-up lmao, sheesh...and I thought I was being unique! Congratulations BH s

kayjay97 ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 9:29 PM

Blackhearted, your winning entry was simply stunning! Congtas to you!!!!!!!!!!

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

silverstar ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 10:15 PM

Congratulations Gabriel! You know exactally how I feel about your work... and this piece was no less stunning than any other I have commented on. Can't wait to partake in this new challange!

Papu ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2002 at 12:15 AM

Congrats Gabriel! :) Avatar.. . . .hmmmmmm..... I once used a chicken model as my avatar, maybe . . . . hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

capsces ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2002 at 1:01 AM

Congratulations to Gabriel and all who entered! There were many great images. :) Beth

Larry F ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2002 at 1:52 AM

Hey, that's geeat! Congratulations, Blackhearted! Wonderful work! Larry F

casamerica ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2002 at 2:47 AM

Congratulations, Blackhearted. Talent does come through. Actually, I am very impressed with the entries. There was a great deal of talent shown. Take care and be well. casamerica

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.