Mon, Sep 23, 10:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 7:15 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Job offers-does somebody check those posts

adidas ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2002 at 2:25 AM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 8:22 PM

I been seeing lately job offers that are really very strange.So my question is if i send my work to somebody,how can i know there for real.If anybody wonders why i am asking this,a job offer by a dutch compagnie made me wonder about it.Somebody with a girls nickname having a guys real name does not give me much confidence,then saying there based in holland but working for german ,uk and i believe a french market does not seam logical either.I am not saying that the offer is a bogus one but it just makes me wonder if there is anyway we can know for sure whats real and whats not.
I am not writing this for my own benefit but for all who are trying to find a job.
-BTW sorry for my bad english-

Slynky ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2002 at 6:43 AM

its like the metrix dude. One can never tell you if a job offer is real, ou have to find out for yourself... -lol- not sure dude. Those "real" job offers always sound bogus to me. The ones that sound like cool colloborative projects with low pay sound more enjoyable and realistic. Personally, me thinks if u want a job, the best place to looks is still the classifieds section of your local and international newspapers.

Sipapu ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2002 at 8:01 AM

Your English is just fine, adidas - nothing to apologize for! Renderosity can't check or determine the validity of every job offer that comes into the forum any more than a printed publication can or does. The forum is offered only as a service to our members and not intended exclusively for the listing of jobs or resumes. It's also a great place to discuss general issues related to employment. If you do see something listed that interests you, I'd suggest that you follow up carefully and not send any of your work until you feel confident about the business. Ask them for business references, URLs for sites they might own, and references for others who have done work for them, as well as anything else along these lines that you can think of. Then follow up on that information. It's all too easy for people to misrepresent themselves on the internet, so it seems to me that a legitimate company would know that and would be happy to provide you with the supporting information that you request. Hope this helps.

adidas ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2002 at 9:00 AM

It does for me thank you,and i hope it will make some people more aware.

Sipapu ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2002 at 9:34 AM

Glad I could help. And good luck to you! Message671414.jpg

audre ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2002 at 12:52 PM

i CAN tell you that in the past months there have been several VERY legitimate job offers posted here. i know of one in particular that resulted in a contract to do animation for a music video. so as Sipapu says, just make sure you check the person out carefully before sending them any work. thanks

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.