Mon, Sep 23, 4:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 2:16 pm)

Subject: Creating a poser world

m_steadman ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2002 at 1:50 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 4:29 PM

I am a poser newbee and want to put my characters into their own world but cannot afford Bryce etc. Any suggestions please.

starmkr ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2002 at 2:05 PM

Check on Corel website the did have a 30 day download demo of version 5...I don't know if it's still there or not.

Ivy ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2002 at 2:06 PM

You can insert a scanned photo of a background into poser...

Open your poser file... go to file.... then import... select background image... you can select the pic you want to insert.

Bryce backgrounds (im my opinion) always looks better... they follow the same look... but If you don't have bryce maybe you can download some bryce images to use from somewhere else.... or just use photos.

hope that helps...
-Ivy

starmkr ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2002 at 2:06 PM

The was a full working copy

x2000 ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2002 at 2:35 PM

Check out the next thread. Digit magazine is giving away a full copy of Vue d'Esprit 2. I'm not sure just what features it has, being an old version and all, but it probably would import Poser characters. Ask over in the Vue forum for more info on that. This looks like a great opportunity for anyone who only has Poser.:)

wheatpenny ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2002 at 2:38 PM
Site Admin

Also, look in the marketplace for the Virtual Forest set which is a whole bunch of trees for poser which you can use (with other props) to construct world scenes in Poser. A few of the trees are available in Freestuff.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

pokeydots ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2002 at 4:37 PM

Or you could try Nerds backdrop from the store here :) reasonably priced too!

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

digitek ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2002 at 5:07 PM

I see fullversions of bryce 5.0 on file share all the time, but i doubt that they are legal.

Huolong ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2002 at 6:43 PM

3d World Kit which I got through 3DCommune allows creation of worlds within Poser at a much lower cost than Bryce or Vue. There are other prop sets available here also that allow you to create a fairly wide array of worlds including sky "domes" as well as backgrounds.

Gordon

billy-home ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 4:55 AM

file_9916.jpg

You could try Scene Builder 1.0 by caleb68, it's available in the free section, just do a search for 'scene builder'. It's not as good as the 3D World Kit, but it might do for what you need, you can also use your own textures I think. I did the render above using Scene Builder

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 7:29 AM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Terragen yet. It's another landscape builder, a bit like Bryce, but free. I'm afraid I don't have a link to the website; anyone wanna throw in there?

wheatpenny ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 10:10 AM
Site Admin

Attached Link: http://www.planetside.co.uk

I forgot to mention that. Terragen is one of the best freebies out there.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

billy-home ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 11:48 AM

I agree, you wont find a better terrain generator out there that don't cost a ton of money, I actualy prefer it to Bryce & Vue, so much easier to use, and if you use it right a lot more realitic.

billy-home ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 11:51 AM

that was supposed to sa 'relistic'

x2000 ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 11:53 AM

I don't think you can import Poser figures into Terragen, can you? That's I've never bothered to try it.

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 11:58 AM

I don't know if you can, but you can use it to make backgrounds.

billy-home ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 1:33 PM

No you can't do anything with Terragen but make landscape renders, but sometimes simpler is better, I have both Vue & Bryce, and they both have they're good & bad points, but they are both diffuicult to learn, the basis of this thread is, I think, we have a new Poser user, and we all know how difficult Poser can be when you start. One prog at a time, then try others to improve the final outcome. m steadman: try a few of the above programs out, see what works for you, and post your images in the gallery, you're certain to get some feedback and more. Luckily this is one of the best places you can show your talents off, I don't think you will find more people willing to help anywhere else.

Redleaf ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 9:05 PM

Another option is the Daz3d Cyclorama. It has beach, forest, and field sets for $15 total.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.