Fri, Sep 20, 11:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Trip Home

Quinn ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2002 at 5:03 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 11:23 PM

file_9941.jpg

I took a trip, last week, to my parents farm in south central Oklahoma. These picts are not great photography, but they do represent home to me. The first image is just the old fishing pond. I spent many a day setting and drowning worms. Other days I spent exploring the surrounding creeks and woods.

Quinn ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2002 at 5:04 PM

file_9942.jpg

This image was taken at about a 45 degree angle to the first. I had never noticed the wild flowers before. I was attempting to capture the abundance of red and blue flowers. But for whatever reason, it just didnt come out the way I had planed. Levels, curves, a boost to contrast, and Unsharp Mask, were used. I have a few close-ups of the flowers that I may post in the next few days. Unfortunately their were not many pro shops in OK, so I was stuck with 400 speed Fuji, purchased at the local discount chain store.

Quinn ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2002 at 5:22 PM

file_9943.jpg

This final image is a scan from an old negative. I took this in 86 or 87. I wanted to post this as this place no longer exists. An oil rig was set up near by, and completely destroyed it. It was about 2 miles out my parents back door, and one of my favorite places to go.

Slynky ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2002 at 8:14 PM

that first one is one strange ass landscape man, those trees in the water look kiknda freaky... The third one, the way I'm seeing it on this laptop, is very nicely composed, but me thinks it could use a colour balance tweakin'. Not sure what needs to be tweaked, or if anything does for that matter, but my eyesw dont agree with the colour cast for some reason. Me likes much tho dude.

Misha883 ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2002 at 9:22 PM

Looks like it is still nice, but too bad about favorite place going away.

PhrankPower ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 1:21 AM

Always good to go home, although it's never the same as it was, but then again, neither are we, so that's life. Looks nice to me.

mysnapz ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 6:06 AM

Yeh! What is going on with them trees growing out the lake ? you need to get yourself down there and get some spooky shots, try as the light is about to go using your trypod and long exposures, will do real weird things to the water . I wait for the pictures from your next trip home :)

Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing. Salvador Dali

Quinn ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 8:00 AM

Good idea about trying just the trees at night, or dusk. Im going to try another trip in the fall, Ill try that then. I have been out there at night, and it is sort of freaky.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.