Sat, Sep 21, 12:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: FINALLY! A View!

ASalina ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2002 at 11:12 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:52 AM

file_9974.jpg

I was on my way through New Haven, Connecticut today, intending to get some photos of the little harbors along the coast of Long Island Sound, when I happened to look over at East Rock, which is just north of New Haven. And that's where I spent my day...

ASalina ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2002 at 11:14 PM

file_9975.jpg

The view is spectactular from the summit, where there is a very nice park, but you have to watch your step...

ASalina ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2002 at 11:16 PM

file_9976.jpg

From the summit you can see the Quinnipiac River below...

ASalina ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2002 at 11:18 PM

file_9977.jpg

But mind your step, because it really is a shear drop...

ASalina ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2002 at 11:20 PM

file_9978.jpg

To the south east you have a nice view of New Haven Harbor..

ASalina ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2002 at 11:21 PM

file_9979.jpg

And of course, you can see the city of New Haven..

bevchiron ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 12:19 AM

The clarity & colour in these is amazing, really nice shots. The view in the second one is great nice composition, the third would have to be my favourite of all ; )

elusive.chaos

"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star...." (Nietzsche)

PhrankPower ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 1:35 AM

Like Bev said, the images are stunning. Brightness, contrast, color, sharpness wow. #3 is naturally beautiful, but #4 is my favorite. Or maybe #1. Nice place!

Michelle A. ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 4:56 AM

These are all really great......I like #1 as the best myself. But #3 could also be a fav!

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

mysnapz ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 5:57 AM

Oh! what I would give for a day in this place, one day would not be enough. Oh! what I would give for some sunshine. Bigg Jeff looks out his window to admire another wet cold day in England:{

Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing. Salvador Dali

Misha883 ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 6:27 AM

Hard to pick a favorite as these are all so nice. I like #5; almost like those unreal paintings with detail going out to the horizon, or the cities in a sci-fi film. [Wouldn't it be great if there happenrd to be a race going on?]

Quinn ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 6:41 AM

3 and 4 do it for me, but I could see myself spending a night trying to remove the city, and keeping the horizon. I dont think I could pull it off, but I would have to try. Great picts!!!

randyrives ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 10:31 AM

Nice shots. I like #4 then #3. #4 would be an awesome pic if somebody hadn't put the city there. :) --Randy R

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.