Thu, Sep 19, 9:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Give me your suggestions for a "story" for this scene!

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 9:25 PM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 8:44 AM

file_9687.jpg

AgentSmith has upgraded his computer!! Finally after 6...yes, 6 years. Everything in my gallery as of right now has been made with a; Pentium 1 - 200mhz cpu, 32mb ram, and a 1mb video card, 2.5 gig hard drive, Win98SE. Talk about obsolete! But now I have; AMD AthlonXP 1800+ cpu, 256mb ram, 32mb Elsa E-Razor video card (nvidia TNT), 60 gig hard drive, Win2000 Pro. I am now flying!!! My Bryce renders 15 times faster! It's a whole other world, period. Anyway....the whole point of this post is for you to give me suggestions on how to play a scene out in this "set" I have constructed in Bryce 4. Now that I have a PC that can handle Poser figures (better), I want to make WHOLE scenes. What do you see happening in this scene? Thanks! AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

EricofSD ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 10:42 PM

Look out, he got a race car. Someone put a speed limiter on that thing before he has a wreck!!! Congrats, you must really love it. I went from a 550 to a 1.4 tbird and was thrilled at the difference. You must be really happy. :) Er, now to do that render farm.

dcon197 ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 10:45 PM

I view you in a whole new light based on the old specs. The scene looks like something you would find in Hellraiser

EricofSD ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 10:52 PM

Looking at the fish hooks that hold the web over the hatch it could be a well constructed pirate's cove with a cave system and fabulous treasures.

firefly ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 10:56 PM

Hmm, I see implements of various kinds on those walls... leather ones, weapons, farm implements... and something slithering in the shadows coming down from the ceiling buttresses... I see the tail end of a figure going through one of those doors (kind of portal style)and another figure peering stealthily from the other door... on the floor lies a chest half opened but turned away so we can't see what's inside of it and can only imagine... Speed on!! I am so happy for you :) I am learning your pain (grin) I have a 233mhz with 96mb of ram and a generic video card.

Sihn ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 11:27 PM

This reminds me of one of those old buildings that the kids explore looking for ghosts in MTV's Fear.

vasquez ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2002 at 1:24 AM

I completely agree with firefly, make some "things" coming out from the darkness but not really viewable. Congrats for your new baby!

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2002 at 3:59 AM

Yup, had the same thoughts on that left door, slightly glowing eyes on a vague monster head. I like the tail through the door bit, I want to suggest something going on, but not totally define it, let people use their imagination. AgentSmith

Erlik ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2002 at 4:08 AM

I'd also put something slinking from the darkness, barely seen. But I'd remove the right-hand doors, and only add torches on the wall. Plus a Poser figure in the corridor. Hmmm, maybe make the image darker, with only one torch in the hand of the figure. And I know how you feel about new computer. :-) I had P133 with 32M RAM, and bought P4 1.7 512 RAM. If i still had my old computer, I would have never even tried Bryce.

-- erlik

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2002 at 4:19 AM

I see a treasure hunter looking for his treasure...Sharen

bikermouse ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2002 at 6:18 AM

fade from black As the mad alchemist mixed two bubbling liquids, the door burst open, and child passed through the door brushing by the aging wizard. As the child pranced out of view the alchemist, undaunted, was heard to exclaim "Don't forget to do your homework" ... fade to black. or pirates playing darts. Message671410.jpg

Atomic_Anvil ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2002 at 7:41 AM

story: They were the last of their kind, the last 2 unicorns. What sort of cold, cuel beast would hunt them down and lock them up in this dungeon? What is it about the unicorns that the beast finds so threatening? Why would he want to keep them here? Still early in the morning and nursing my second cup of coffee, listening to Crash Test Dummies when I came up with this.

derjimi ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2002 at 9:22 AM

Wowowowow.... you did all the breat images with a P200? Even "Bolo 200"? I'm speechless... :) Must have taken weeks to render, huh? Congrats to your new pc! About the image: "You have to choose, my young apprentice. Will you go the dark way on the left - or the light way on the right?" Take care, Jimi

jmahoney ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2002 at 10:25 AM

It's not often one gets to experience a quantum leap like that! If it were me, I'd be up all night playing with it until I couldn't see the keyboard. All the time thinking "Wow, what if I had 2 like this!. Congrats, and just think of the good times ahead! I see the render as an impasse. I have to go forward, but have to choose which door to open and how. Sort of like "The Lady and the Tiger". Bad things on one side, good things on the other, but only one chose for opening the doors. Like Sharon's treasure hunter, but the wrong one give disaster. (Gee, sounds like I've been play TOO MUCH Tomb Raiders!)

tradivoro ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2002 at 11:07 AM

I don't know a story of what's going on there, but great textures and modeling.. And congrats on your new pc.. :)

bikermouse ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2002 at 5:26 PM

Knock etc. "Whose there?" asked the shy young maid. "Land Shark" ... "candy gram" ... or prop: large wooden table and bench. a torch burns in a holder on the wall. As the warwarn Gaets sat down to eat what was to be their last meal they heard it in the distance baying at the moon, a sound which chilled the blood. They looked at each other for signs of the fear that was in them all. ... Again the monster yelled - closer this time, it's promise simple, it's threat only too real. Without further warning the door splintered open and there before them it stood in all it's fury . . . monty python's attack rabbit.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2002 at 2:02 AM

Lol...this is all too much, too funny. But good suggestions. What's with all the Pirate stuff? I'm just wondering what it is in this pic that is a call to pirates...is it all the rope? Yeah, all my past images done on my horrible p.o.s. pc. But, longest render, in my gallery, was like 14 hours. Keeping the polygon count down speeds up rendering, plus you may notice I don't really have any scenes AND characters in the same render, pc couldn't handle it. "Bolo" was only like nine hours, he's just a lot of primitives and five textures, he renders in 40 minutes, now. My projects were as simple/small as possible...`til now. I think I'll do the sexy, half clothed woman thing, since...I've never done it before. Along with torches, gotta have those. And, most likely a barely visable Dragon head outlined beyond the left door, with glowing eyes. I want the woman doing something more than just posing for the scene...maybe chopping the head(s) off attacking skeletons or something...how "fantasy picture" stereotypical is this getting? I like it, though. AgentSmith

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2002 at 2:04 AM

file_9688.jpg

My Torch, that I made up for a giant project, like two years ago...never finished `cause from what I could see, the whole pic would have taken around 100 hours to render... AgentSmith

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2002 at 2:12 AM

file_9689.jpg

How's this for the female? I thought I would use the "sexy female thing" in the scene, since I had already taken that outfit (made by RogueElement), and modified it to fit the P4Fem Catsuit, like a week or so ago. Was going to use it for something, why not this? She needs a better skin, though, those tan lines look too modern... AgentSmith

Rayraz ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2002 at 6:11 AM

AMD Rocks!!!! My computer is just slighty slower than yours. I've got a voodoo banshee videocard and a 15.2 gig harddrive, but the rest is the same. It's a strange system but it's homebuild and I didn't have enough money to upgrade everything. I'll be buying 512 MB RAM and a 100 Gig harddisk soon and a Geforce4 TI4600 is comming at the end of the year. I think the matrix has been altered. I've just experienced a deja-vu. I see NEO fighting a horrible computervirus wich infected the matrix. With lot's of cool effects like the matrix-bullet-effect created by a plasma-bolt fired at NEO by the virus and a wave going through the door at the right as the virus is kicked against it by NEO while he evades the plasma bolt (the matrix bullet-dodge-effect). And put some red and blue pils on the floor. So, how's this for an original idea? Oh, does anyone know of a Bryce5 for linux? I'd like to switch to linux because windows is starting to get so irritatingly instable, slow, etc. Or as I and my friends at school like to say; MICROSOFTBILLGATES (or the sencored version: #@$%^!^&(@~~=+|!)

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

bikermouse ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2002 at 6:23 AM

Arrrr matey, Aye don't know what got into me. and midi-evil clothes...maybe she's fighting, say, a pirate? I went from a 233m p2 to a 1.6g p4 this year so I know how you feel. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!! (... but you know its still way too slow.) Message671410.jpg yo ho ho and a bottle of bud.

Rayraz ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2002 at 10:33 AM

How about making the virus a real nasty morph of the famous 'woman in the red dress' (Also Matrix). That way you can stick with your "sexy female thing".

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

firefly ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2002 at 10:37 AM

awesome torch! And yes, I thnk the damsel either needs serious fighting clothes or some mucky tattered rags... the tan lines do have to go unless of course she is a time traveller??? the catsuit could be added to for the tattered rags part :) I still think we need something slithery though, not as a main object but as a side interest....

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2002 at 5:21 PM

Yeah, tattered rags. I'm working on textures for a set of serious fighting clothes which I have planned for a different project. Actually, the tattered rags ARE the P4fem catsuit. Rogue Element had made up the "shredded" texture/transmap for the Vickie catsuit. I don't have anything Vickie, so I modified it. Okay, slithering it is. I like lizards... I don't think Bryce works on linux...not sure anyway

cshaftoe ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 6:51 PM

Attached Link: http://uk.geocities.com/bryster3d

I think it looks like a 'HELLRAISER' scene as well! I wonder what kind of demon is lurking in the shadows beyond the 'GATE'? Do I really want to know........ As for the darling damsel......I wouldn't jump over her to get to you lot.........LOL

AgentSmith ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 4:56 AM

file_9690.jpg

I thought the Hooks and Ropes would bring out the Hellraiser in a few of you...and it did. This is what the idea originally started out with, just this weird...design/thing, that just kinda popped into my head. Makes no real sense to what it is, but I like it. Hooks were made and banged up in Amorphium 1.0, Ropes were made in KnotTyer3D. Everything else is a terrain, made in Bryce 4. Textures from Photoshop. Like I said, weird...thing, but I like it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.