Sat, Sep 21, 6:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Transfering Morphs from one figure to another

bizarro ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 2:34 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:36 AM

I have downloaded a pz3 with a unique face morph that I want to use on another character (both michael2). Is it possible to transfer this morph inside poser or is it necessary to fiddle with the ascii file (I tried to do that but the editor I used (visual studio) crashed probably due to file size issues... Thanx in advance, Guido

Jaqui ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 2:44 AM

yup, use morph manager, stand alone single exe designed to transfer or remove morphs from the cr2 files. you can get it at 3dcc.com in the miscelaneous downloads. ~g~

Tashar59 ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 2:52 AM

You can save the figure in your figure library. That way you have a CR2 that you can work with morph manager. You might also be able to save the face in your face library and then aply it to your other figure. The main thing is to get it out of pz3 file to something you can work with. Tashar 59

markdotcom ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 3:08 AM

Attached Link: http://www.3d-cc.com/DL_pages/MS05.html

Here, I'll make it easier! Click the link, and about the middle of the page you'll find MORPH MANAGER. Props to Jaqui for the location hint above. I use Morph Manager myself, but I forgot where I got it. Very easy to learn. You can also use it to delete morphs from CR2s that you aren't gonna use to reduce file sizes (helpful when all your posers are Michael 2 or Vicky 2 based). The face poses are a good idea too. That's how DAZ formats their "character paks".

Routledge ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 4:55 AM

Be aware that Morph Manager 4 doesnt support full-body morphs. Michael 2 has a large number of these, when you select "Body" on your figure. If you use these you will find the "Body" morph dials dont work after using MM. You have to reinstate them by editing the massive CR2 in a text editor, which is a horrible procedure as youve already found out B) If it is only one morph then save the head you want out as an exported OBJ and apply it to the other (your) CR2 as a morph target. If you arent aware of the steps for this procedure look in the manual for morph targets, or just add a post in this thread Mark

jnmoore ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 8:18 AM

If you have a Mac, get PoserMac Constructor from MartinC's site. It does the same thing as Morph Manager does for the PC.

melanie ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 10:50 AM

If it's a Michael 2 character, why not just save the PZ3 figure to the character library and use him for different characters? If he has all the Michael morphs, and he's just a standard Michael 2 with the extra morph, he should just save to your library, or am I not understanding what you were saying? Melanie

Jaager ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 7:38 PM

"Be aware that Morph Manager 4 doesnt support full-body morphs. Michael 2 has a large number of these, when you select "Body" on your figure. If you use these you will find the "Body" morph dials dont work after using MM."

It does too - IF - you change the exension of the Library file with the morphs to *.pz2 - Not only do the valueParms -hidden in a .cr2 appear - and can be copied to a cr2 - but - the other channels - scale etc. - also appear.

Morphs for hair can be copied using a similar trick -
*.hr2 changed to *.pz2 - in this case - both the donor and the recipient must termorarily become pose files.

I expect MM5 will take care of these oversights.

EricTorstenson ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 9:05 PM

For file hacking, I recommend UltraEdit or vim. Uedit32 costs a little bit of money (50, I think, but maybe less), but is well worth the price. It support syntax highlighting for several languages, and could even be configured to highlight poser fiels (If you were truly insane) GVim is a port of vi which is a bit tricky to learn, but it can handle large files OK. Vim also can integrate into Visual Studio (has syntax highlighting, etc. but I stopped using VS some time ago. Much better options around (still use it at work though :( This is a good editor if you switch from OS frequently, no need to readjust your editing behavior. eric

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.