Mon, Sep 23, 4:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 2:16 pm)

Subject: Looking for Modelers for Poser

Moebius87 ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 12:04 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 2:30 PM

Attached Link: Needs a Crew

My plate is loaded and there is a lot of stuff that still needs to get done. So I'm on a quest to hunt down some modelers who are also Poser savvy, who might be willing to join in a collaborative project. I'm not at all Poser conversant (not yet anyways), but the project relies heavily on figures posed in... what else? - Poser. It's sci-fi oriented, non-profit (so far) and done for the sheer pleasure of creating and sharing. I'm looking for a modeler for battlesuits (concept sketches are done) and personnel uniforms, and things like that. I'd love to learn how to do that stuff as well but my plate is really loaded with all the cities, sets, vehicles and props needed for this little project. Hope you'll be interested, or if not just please point me in the right direction. Am gonna cross post this plea for help in the Modelers forum as well. Thanks. :o)

Mind Over Matter
"If you don't mind, then it don't matter."

lynnJonathan ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 1:45 PM

I'm interested. Should be easy since you have sketches. -Jon

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 2:07 PM

Check with users,

steveshanks , thip and PhilC
the are very accomplished poser modelors.

My website

YouTube Channel

smerc ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 5:13 PM

Are you looking for a modeller or a conformer? I might be able to "model" one, if I can get a copy after it is poserized. smerc

Grey_cat ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 5:23 PM

file_10315.jpg

I'd like to help, but I'm not very good at making clothes. I'm a mechanical designer, so I'm better at making mechanical items, if that would be of any help to you let me know. John Stroo jstroo@excel.net

billy-home ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 6:01 PM

I'll help any way I can Moe, just drop me a note.

Letterworks ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 6:23 PM

file_10316.jpg

Moebius87, Although Real Life (tm) makes me slow, I would very much like to help. I've attached a sample of another project for NikitaCreed's Dune work. The clothing was all made in Carrara, and as you can see, is Poser conformable (mostly!). I'm not much at textures yet but I'm working on it. If you have a project I could help with, please feel free to ask. mike

Moebius87 ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 10:20 PM

Wow! I didn't expect this kind of overwhelming positive response. LynnJonathan - excellent work on "Dystopia", my friend. I could really use your help. Didn't realize that you worked in Poser as well as in LightWave. Please let me know how I can contact you directly, Jon. I would like your help on the battlesuit (MK6). smerc - right now we're looking for modelers, but you are absolutely right, conforming is definitely a necessary next step. Let me try to sort out the modeling bit first, but don't be surprised if I come to bug you. Grey_cat - Yes, yes, yes! I am so swamped, John. What application are you working with? Do you prefer vehicles or objects? Do you like massing or detailing? Is there a way to kidnap you? :o) Don't worry, there is no "style" to follow here... it just needs to look like it belongs. billy-home - Hah! What are you doing in here, matey? You've already been conscripted. I should be done with the "Argo" helm soon and will be sending it in to you for rigging. trav - That looks great! I need to get in touch with Franky to find out what else he needs in terms of uniforms. I find this bit a lot more complicated than armour because it needs to be convincing. Franky has full control of this project, he does storyline, character development, texture work and the final render output, including postwork. I'm just a modeler with a mile long wish list. Full credits to anything you create (of course) and you retain the copyright (of course). Anything you contribute to help out with this project will be used solely for this purpose. For any other intent or purpose, either in whole or in part, your permission (and blessing) will be absolutely necessary. I realize that collaborations can be sticky once we start synergizing our efforts, and that intellectual ownership might get a bit confused, just remember that we're getting into this with both eyes open and the objective is to share and have some fun. Thanks very much for your encouraging replies! - M

Mind Over Matter
"If you don't mind, then it don't matter."

Grey_cat ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 10:49 PM

file_10318.jpg

I use AutoCAD. Size isn't a problem for me.

adidas ( ) posted Wed, 29 May 2002 at 2:16 AM

Tobad your looking for charachter modelers,i am to limited for that but if you ever need a prop build ,you can find my email adres on my site.Good luck with your project.

billy-home ( ) posted Wed, 29 May 2002 at 3:18 PM

Sorry Moe, it was to help with other stuff I posed the message, never know I might get good at doing clothes. Looking forward to getting the first part of the Argo. Later matey

billy-home ( ) posted Wed, 29 May 2002 at 3:26 PM

ps. Just got Deep Exploration v2, send the Argo as LW7 file, it's cool for helping with the conversions.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.