Tue, Oct 22, 5:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Minor Crisis With RDS5 (Making new Poser Figures)

Director ( ) posted Fri, 11 February 2000 at 8:45 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:47 AM

Dear Ray Dream Studio 5 Users, Perhaps some one can help me out. Im feeling pretty confused right now. At one point between all of Metacreations patches for RDS5 I was able to import and export OBJ files and Name and Detach groups of polygons. But I have continued to use all of Metacreations updates and now seem to be unable to Name or Detach Polygons, or do much else. (Okay sure I can import and export OBJ files and Ive make some pretty wild morphs) How must I set up my software so that I can follow the Poser4 Manual Tutorial for Creating a Figure in RDS5? I have the RDS 5.02 patch and the OBJ Plugin. I have attempted to do a clean install of RDS, then the patch, and finally the plugin. This has yielded my current predicament. Hey if anyone out there can help Id really appreciate it.

Serpent ( ) posted Fri, 11 February 2000 at 9:00 PM

Hello, Try to follow this, it might be helpful. http://www.ruku.com/cleaninstall.html Serpent

Director ( ) posted Sat, 12 February 2000 at 2:43 PM

Thank you very much, but the procedure for clean reinstallation didn't seem to help me at all. Thanks for the address though.

ClintH ( ) posted Sat, 12 February 2000 at 4:28 PM

Director - I've have heard of this promblem about 5 times now in the last 2 years. I havent heard of a solution from the users that were having the problem. IF, You find a solution would you please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it. So, Try this. Drop a Sphere into your scene. Edit the Sphere in Another Modeler, tell it Mesh Form. When in the MFM double click a vertex on the sphere. You should get a box around the sphere meaning its been selected and all the polygons should be selected.If it is selected when you go into the MFM click outside the sphere to de-select it then re-select it. Once you have the entire sphere selected click on the Polymesh button on the selection bar. Do you get Name Polymesh, Reverse Polymesh Normals, Smooth Edges, etc... Let me know. Clint - Renderosity RDS Forum

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Director ( ) posted Sat, 12 February 2000 at 11:14 PM

Thanks again Clint, here is what I see in the Polymesh pull down menu. -Adjust... (Greyed out) -Send to Drawing Plane -Boolean Operation (Greyed out) -Set Size -Smooth Edges -Sharpen Edges -Set Crease Angle... Again I'm stumped as to what is going wrong. I'm running RDS5.02 for the PC. Please if anyone can tell me what is going wrong (and how to fix it) I'd be really grateful.

weip ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2000 at 5:54 AM

Hmmmm Director I use a german version of Raydream and english of Poser 4 (no patch) and had the same problem. Finally solved it by using PHI-Builder to create the phi-file. The object file I exported had all the group, just the Hierarchy editor in Poser 4 didn't recognize them. after creating the PHI file with Phi Builder, all was fine Hope that helps Phil

ClintH ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2000 at 8:25 AM

PHI wont help since this problem is in RDS and RDS doesnt know what the heck a PHI file is. Man - Im really close to contacting MC on this one myself. Just so I can find out what the problem is. I've seen this to many times and never found the solution. It almost sounds like you dont have that darn Polymesh totaly selected in the MFM.. ??? Hmm.. Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.