Tue, Oct 22, 1:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:26 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Carrara users - got some questions

Chrisdmd ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 10:45 AM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 8:41 AM

I just saw a new version (C2) will be out next week. I went over to the Evoia site to check it out but I have some questions I thought users (& beta-testers) could probably answer. 1. Modelling in Carrara - do most of you model in other programs and bring in? The reason I ask is that to use SubDiv in Carrara seems like a pain (though I could totally be mistaken because I haven't used the program). 2. The bone tools look interesting. How are the manipulated? Is there the ability to create facial animation with sliders (or endomorph-like stuff in LW) and import voices (wav type files) to mimic speech? I won't be using Poser so I'm really interested in these features so any other input would be appreciated. Thanks for the time and BTW, Kixum, awesome light saber tutorial and image! Chris

Ringo ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 5:09 PM

Hi, Chris. No facial animation with slider an no sound support for the bones. But can add bonds to the face and animate them. But the bone systems is very easy to setup and manipulate. Maybe in version 3 you will see the other stuff. Ringo

Chrisdmd ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 10:45 PM

Ringo, Thanks for the response and info. Chris

mindways ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 10:03 AM

It seens that Carrara studio 2 is becoming more powerful. But so far, polygon manipulation tools like knife, bevel are not add to the carrara yet. Maybe a free version of Amapi that comes with Carrara Studio is good enough for nurb modeling. As for rendering, caustics, radiosity and global illumination are major improvement to create photo realistic effect output. But still yet to see how good is the subdivision features.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.