Tue, Oct 22, 5:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: I may regret asking this, but what props do you need making?

gps ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 9:22 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 5:30 AM

'Deranged 3D modeler seeks challenging projects. Apply below.'

I can't make any promises, but you'll increase you chances by not suggesting anything too obscure - after all, the end results with be posted in Freestuff and it would be nice to get more that 3 downloads. Also, if I can't track down sufficient reference materials, I can't build it.

So hit me with your wish lists (quick, before I come to my senses).

gps

BTW, my current to-do list includes:

FN P90
night vision goggles
flak jacket
futuristic 4x4 (or perhaps I should call it a 'Fantasy' 4x4)
more fetish footwear
rail gun

So if you're hankering after any of these, all you have to do is wait :)

marshalearp ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 9:30 PM

Great offer...how about: Western related items...shotgun, .45 pistol. saloon and bar? chainsaw? leatherfaces mask? hah Thanks for the offer...

Lyrra ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 9:40 PM

Ace bandages (on) wrist and knee, strap on geek style wrist immobilizer, geek wraparound over-the-glasses sunglasses, futuristic computer station setup with multiple monitors, keyboards and other IO devices, (cobbled together look would be great), superhero jetplanes, cars and whatnot, magnified 'nanobots', other robots (non humanoid), alien plants, ... Ok I'll stop now. And if you make these you get to see them in my coming-eventually 3D comic :) Lyrra

CryptoPooka ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 10:46 PM

Man, Lyrra's list looks like mine. Um. Debris -- crumbled buildings, trash, broken furniture (hey, Lyrra, weren't you the one looking for this sort of stuff a month or so ago?). Some realistic explosion/fire effects like the Bryce packages that make me drool and wish I could run both at the same time.

itisitex ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 10:59 PM

futeristic helmets or helmets worn by COBRA those would be cool how about a conforming belt with shoulder straps for mike

Kendra ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 11:48 PM

I've been trying to make/find a climbing harness for rock climbing scenes. :)

...... Kendra

Patricia ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 11:57 PM

Debris....! Been collecting it all over the place, but there isn't enough to do urban grunge realistically. Needed are both large (junked, beat-up appliances, cars and furniture) and small (smashed fast food containers, broken bottles, scrunched up newspapers, condoms, pills in push-thru packaging, drug paraphenalia). And, um, would it be too much to ask for more 'dirty' textures? Maybe ones to apply over or on top of the normal textures of each item....I'm a newbie and not sure exactly how that would be done.....as transparencies, maybe?? Sorry you asked yet?! ;^)

gps ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 12:09 AM

Heh, not sorry yet, but I'm starting to get a little nervous ;) Debris/junk/wreckage seems to be a developing theme... gps

chohole ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 12:15 AM

I go with marshalearp on this one and say western orientated, but with an emphasis on native american. Totem pole, peace pipe,feathered coup stick or flag, that sort of thing.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Lyrra ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 12:50 AM

Oh. and detailed hand armour props for Mike with articulated fingers. Easiest technically as parented props (fingertip, joint 1, joint cap 1, joint 2, palm piece, etc.) distributed via a Mike1 cr2. But you can make as a conforming character if you like :) To sweeten the deal - what GPS makes as a prop, I'll texture :)

cooler ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 1:11 AM

Attached Link: http://3Dcommune.com

chohole, I have an iron banded coup stick (Cheyenne), calumet & fringed cachet (peace pipe & carrying bag) (Oneida), & copper banded pipe tomahawk (Chippewa) as well as about a dozen other Native American props up in poser freestuff at 3D commune Oh & a totem pole or two is in the works... after I complete the banjo & mandolin I'm working on, I just need to stick a crowbar in my schedule & pry out the time to finish them up :-)

FishNose ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 1:45 AM

Yeah, I dig the grunge/debris thing too! Good way to make Poser scenes look realistic. The place is too sterile, too clean. Dirt and grime, broken/bent things, stuff in heaps. Sort of unkempt future-city look, the garbage collector never comes any more - it's too dangerous... :o] Also, scifi-type backgrounds, walls, bulkheads, etc - the corners to put the dirt in. Not weapons - there are so many already available. We need all the other stuff. Cool offer by the way! And love your cyber boots. If you need hosting help with any of the stuff you make, let me know. :] FishNose

leather-guy ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 2:29 AM

I cast a vote for Medieval grunge - piles of offal, heaps of garbage swarming with rats, rotted dead animals, rutted cobblestone surfaces with pools of muddy water.... Also on the other side of the coin; Heaps of treasure or bootie, mounds of gold coins stacks of jewelry, jars and chests of treasure suitable for an alladins cave, dragons treasure hoarde, or royal treasury.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 3:30 AM

Leather-guy... before we can have swarming rats, we need to have a decent rat. Or an indecent one. The DAZ rat is ancient, stiff, and impossible to pose realistically. I thought that Bloodsong was going to do small prey victims (rats, hamsters, squirrels, rabbits), but I have an eyrie full of hungry hawks and bored falcons. :( Pat... have you checked out Baument's archive? I seem to remember sandbagged emplacements and things which could be retextured as junk. Also you might hunt down some kid's toys (pathos, lots of pathos): make the wheels invisible & non-shadow-casting and texture with peeling paint. GPS... if I could inject a cheerful note into this rather dismal list of wrecks and ruins, may I suggest a pot of warm tar (bubbles on the surface), a bag or opened pillow of feathers spilling out (a couple of loose feathers would be a nice touch), and a broad brush of the sort used for painting houses. Many thanks! Carolly

Lyrra ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 3:48 AM

oh - and cabbages, turnips, potatoes, large baskets full of said items and dead fish :) Food! international/ethnic/traditional food - sushi, pasta, roast beef, croissants- whatever! - I have 50 megs of weapon props and 6 food items :) thanks for reminding me Pooka :)

iggy23 ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 4:04 AM

stompy New Rock type boots with big platforms and lots of buckles. yum. also a decent umbrella (pref one that opens and shuts)

ronknights ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 6:08 AM

I, for one, am still in search of a convenience store, and other good "scenes" so I can finally bring my Marlin Fingle characters to life. Yes, I realize those are likely very ambitious projects to tackle.

lelionx ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 7:45 AM

WWI&WWII leather flight helmets with goggles.

scifiguy ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 8:25 AM

I'm with the debris crowd...urban trash, junk piles of any era, post-apocolyptic rubble...just about anything to clutter up the pristine world our Poser folk live in would be great.

Moebius87 ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 11:03 AM

Wow! That is an impressive list you've got to deal with, GPS. You are truly a brave person to undertake such a task! Did I mention "generous"? More power to you! Good luck. :o) - M

Mind Over Matter
"If you don't mind, then it don't matter."

Gorodin ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 1:00 PM

Authentic armor. ca.15-1600AD. Pref french or Italian. There's some great armour out there, but not much that is very authentic...

Lyrra ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 2:39 PM

ronK, It think it was either Fastraxx or Sharkey that used to have a gas station convenience store - perhaps the 3DCC still has a link to it? I think someone is working on one for the Marketplace. If you have a PWFW membership you can ask Steve about it :) He likes challenges.

BAM ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 3:28 PM

Stands for parents to sit in found at children's sporting events. Stadium/Arena seating

queri ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 9:18 PM

An IMac, a new one with the flat screen on the extender. Otherwise, I'm in the junk and debris crowd. Emily

cooler ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 9:22 PM

bam there is a set of bleachers up in poser freestuff at 3D commune

puca ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 9:50 PM

Hats. I want cool hats. If RDNA released a large set of crazy hats like the 2 free ones they offered for download, I'd snatch it up in a 'mo. A hooded sweatshirt. Cause, well, who doesn't wear 'em? My Poser girls get tired of garters and temple garb. A looong cigarette holder with cig. For those Deco days. That's all I can think of right now. Oh...Patricia...best bet is simply to take your rendered image into whatever photoshop-like prog. you have and paste the texture over the image, then "multiply" it. Works every time. :)

gps ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 10:15 PM

Hmmm, looks like I'm going to be getting dirty ;) Thanks for all the suggestions. Time to get busy! gps

ronknights ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 10:31 PM

Lyrra, I downloaded a convenience store. It seemed to be no more than some cardboard cutout, or something, without even any textures.. And there was absolutely no documentation on how to use it. So I dumped it.

queri ( ) posted Sat, 01 June 2002 at 1:33 AM

Patricia, if you want to get fancy with the dirt-- try overlay, multiply, whatever doesn't blot out what's underneath--load up your texture as a pattern and paint the darn thing on where you want the stains. Better than any plug-in could ever do. Grass stains, mud, anything. Blood. Emily Who should not be thinking of blood just before bed. Oh well.

bloodsong ( ) posted Sat, 01 June 2002 at 8:59 AM

heyas; a party hat with three front pompoms, a top pompom, and possibly also a ruffled edge. one of them curled up noisemaker things you blow into (ie: like on new years), with a morph to straighten/curl it. a bouquet of flowers, mainly made up of flat bits stuffed in it so they can be texture/trans'ed with leaves and filler stuff. a candy cane that takes a flat map. well, those are on my to-do list; but if somebody else wants to do them....! oh, and they all need to be okayed for commercial use.

BAM ( ) posted Sat, 01 June 2002 at 8:59 PM

Cooler, Thanks. Bleachers? The perfect word to describe what they are. To bad I would never have done a search on that in a million years. I guess it's off to Amazon to get a good Thesaurus. BAM

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.