Fri, Sep 20, 4:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Addition of a Vector Forum!!!

artmaniac ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 6:58 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:28 AM

This forum would be totally dedicated to Vector Artwork. There is no forum like this currently, not even an Adobe illutrator forum. I've been told to post this, and see how the response is in hope to get this forum up and running ASAP. All replies are greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time everyone! Keep Creating...

• artmaniac -

audre ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 7:04 PM

hey i think it's a good idea... those types of programs have all their own types of issues. i would love to to see a spot dedicated to them as well.

bevchiron ( ) posted Sat, 01 June 2002 at 12:02 PM

Great idea, a very different area as audre says, I might even learn something!!

elusive.chaos

"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star...." (Nietzsche)

akrilico ( ) posted Sun, 02 June 2002 at 8:10 AM

Akrilico is 4 a vector forum

Rohyphnol ( ) posted Sun, 02 June 2002 at 12:28 PM

I am also for a vector forum, its got tools and a style all on its own...

Slynky ( ) posted Sun, 02 June 2002 at 6:29 PM

wanna completely change your attitude of vector? Give Expression 2 a try (creaturehouse.com). If u ever thought of dropping vector in favour of raster, you'll change your mind pretty quick (much quicked if u have a pressure sensitive tablet). Vector forum would rule, and we all know it. Not only great for artwork, but also damn good for layouts and typography. come on, us 2D freekz woud f'in ADORE this forum...

retrocity ( ) posted Sun, 02 June 2002 at 6:59 PM

Great idea!! i'm all for it. There's a lot things to learn and share. maybe even discuss SVG for web...

Slynky ( ) posted Sun, 02 June 2002 at 7:05 PM

svg? super very good? lol

retrocity ( ) posted Sun, 02 June 2002 at 7:35 PM

SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) is an emerging, completely open standard that was developed by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)

The SVG standard provides all the benefits of the Flash format, plus support for the following features:

Type 1 and TrueType fonts
XML (extensible markup language)
CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
interactive actions, and
DHTML (dynamic HTML) animation

Jaqui ( ) posted Sun, 02 June 2002 at 9:04 PM

aww, and my version of coreldraw actually supports the svg already. so does the newest corel app rave (real animated vetorgraphice) and vector graphics can be turned into 3d easily enough.

PunkClown ( ) posted Mon, 03 June 2002 at 1:27 AM

Count me in! I want to learn more... :-)>

ice0003 ( ) posted Mon, 03 June 2002 at 10:49 AM

Vector forum would be very helpful here, Illustrator and other vector programs are being used worldwide as much as PSP, 3D apps and the like. I think a lot of people would benefit from this immensely and it would be a great addition to the site...

emkaydist ( ) posted Mon, 03 June 2002 at 12:23 PM

Attached Link: http://www.portfolios.com/emkay

Renderosity has been lacking in this department long enough. I've been spending most of my time at other communities because of the lack of a vector only forum here. It's easy to see artmaniac/jamie13 knows what he is talking about, just look at some of his work here at Renderosity. Vector apps are a huge mystery to alot of people and a forum for this would open their eyes to it's ability to enhance their work. We also need a vector only gallery.

allpowerfulTim ( ) posted Mon, 03 June 2002 at 1:23 PM

WOW ! finally my voice is heard. I posted this very same idea a couple of months ago and got virtually no response. maybe i did'nt advertise enough. I think that would be a great forum. Hell Yeah!

mpalash ( ) posted Mon, 03 June 2002 at 5:24 PM

yesssssssss!!!!!!!!!!! finallly a forum for vector graphics!!!!!!!!

Rohyphnol ( ) posted Tue, 04 June 2002 at 12:32 AM

wow..check out this excitement..vectorosity, here we come!!!!!

Slynky ( ) posted Tue, 04 June 2002 at 11:05 AM

come on admins, u know I wanna do it.. i know you wanna do it too... out here on the dance flor... and we can make sandwihes...

Rohyphnol ( ) posted Tue, 04 June 2002 at 2:12 PM

lets go vector lets go (clap) (clap)
lets go vector lets go {clap) (clap)

artmaniac ( ) posted Tue, 04 June 2002 at 5:23 PM

Hey thanks all of you for the support! From what I have been told there is actually a good chance that they will create this forum. Once it is created we will have to see where it goes from there! Thanks Again! - artmaniac -

Slynky ( ) posted Tue, 04 June 2002 at 10:07 PM

man my spelling sucks booty... go go vector go go vector!

BazC ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2002 at 11:01 AM

Yep! I'm just beginning to learn Illustrator so this would be agreat help to me. BazC

bevchiron ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2002 at 11:31 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12431

The forum is now open!

elusive.chaos

artmaniac ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2002 at 11:35 AM

Thank you oh so much...Now we will stop crying about it...lol

bevchiron ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2002 at 11:40 AM

Message671422.jpg Sorry I didn't put you guys out of your misery earlier!

elusive.chaos

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.