Fri, Sep 20, 10:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: ATTN Poser Users on Mac:Problems Uploading to Gallery

Dr Zik ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2000 at 9:12 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 10:22 PM

Hi Folks! I'm having problems uploading my Poser.jpg images and thumbnails to the Gallery--I keep getting a message that the pixel dimensions aren't right. (the images are 400x300 and the thumbs are 120x90--well within size range. The error message appears whether I try loading from my hard drive or my web site. Does anyone have suggestions? Peter (Dr Zik)

Freakachu ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2000 at 9:41 AM

Yeah! Stop using a MS product to cruise the web, Traitor! Seriously though, I use IE to navigate and read the forums, but I have to use Navigator to upload to the galleries (and often to upload images to the forums). The bug you're referring to seems to only be a problem with the Mac version of Internet Explorer. The simplest solution is to use Navigator if you have something you want to put in the galleries.

LeeMoon ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2000 at 12:04 PM

I agree with Freakachu. Whenever posting any images, I have to use Navigator. IE tends to have difficulties uploading files. I'm using Mac OS 8.6 and IE 4.5. Lee

ratta ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2000 at 2:02 PM

I had that problem, and switched from Photoshop (Boxtop JPG plugin) to Macromedia Fireworks when creating the jpgs. The problem went away. I'm using navigator too, hmmm... maybe that's why it works now. --ratta

rtamesis ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2000 at 2:46 PM

I solved that problem by using Photoshop 5.5 and using the command Save for Web rather than just Save or Save As... when saving my images as gif or jpeg files. I had the same trouble uploading using both Navigator and IE on my Powerbook G3.

Dr Zik ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2000 at 9:55 PM

Hi Folks! Thanx for all the advice!! I was beginning to suspect that the default IE browser on AOL had something to do with it--seems like my web site doesn't load or read properly on it either. I'll open a new bookmark for the Forum on Navigator, try loading my images from there, and see if that makes a difference. Peter (Dr Zik)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.