Fri, Sep 20, 11:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: Poser Animations "Need some help"

JerseyG ( ) posted Sat, 01 June 2002 at 7:36 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 11:41 PM

Ive been working with poser for a couple of years now. But one thing I never got into was the animations. I just started playing around with it. Im running into a little problem tho. A 35 frame animation is taking 45 minutes to compile to .AVI. I am compiling this with AA/Shadows/BMs/Textures on. Ive tried to do this in Divx and Mpeg4 codecs. Same exact time length. Can anyone give me some suggestions. Is there a hidden turbo switch hidden anywhere? I would definatly apreciate any suggestions. My specs AMD 2100XP+ G4 Ti 4600 128mb 80G 7200rpm 8meg buffer HD "60G free" 1024 mb DDR 2100 "2 512 Sticks"

odeathoflife ( ) posted Sat, 01 June 2002 at 7:45 PM

welcome to poser animation render times. If you have the propack and 3dstudio, the animations render in a fraction of the time in Max.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

JerseyG ( ) posted Sat, 01 June 2002 at 7:49 PM

I do have both of them. How would I go about Utilizing 3Ds for rendering an Animation i created in Poser Pro? Like I said,,Im new at the animations. BTW "welcome to poser animation render times." That scares me, haha.

spurlock5 ( ) posted Sat, 01 June 2002 at 8:03 PM

The first thing is to make sure that you have to do the final rendering as few times as possible. That means running the preview animation until you are reasonably sure its right. I usually set the preview animation on loop so that the flaws show up better. When you do the final render, render at either quarter or half resolution first and then at full resolution when you are certain it is right. If you have to rerender, it will save you time overall.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 01 June 2002 at 8:09 PM

The compression scheme won't affect render-time much. And Poser doesn't make use of hardware acceleration, so your killer graphics card won't speed things up, either. The only ways to speed up an animation render in Poser are:

1. Get a faster processor and more memory (not likely in your case)
  2. Render at lower quality (turning off shadows, antialiasing, bump maps, textures; disabling transmaps; lower resolution; render using Current Display Settings; etc.)

Cheer up. It could be worse. Poser could have raytracing, like Bryce, in which case that 45-minute wait would become 45 hours.

JerseyG ( ) posted Sat, 01 June 2002 at 8:22 PM

45 hrs,,now thats bad. I guess if I were to turn Textures and everything off when I render, The animation wouldnt be much of anything but a bloaty looking model. :( "render at either quarter or half resolution first and then at full resolution when you are certain it is right." Im gonna give that a try now. Thanx for your help. Still open for suggestions if anyone else has any.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Sat, 01 June 2002 at 10:33 PM

"I do have both of them. How would I go about Utilizing 3Ds for rendering an Animation i created in Poser Pro?" The full documentation is in the propack manual, but I can give you the gist of it... When you are satified with teh motion in poser, save the file, then open max and in the "create tab" click thedown arrow (where it says "standard primitives" and select "poser objects" Click hte "Scene *.pz3" and find your saved poser file, it may take a moment or two to load then hit the "keyboard entry/ create", one poser file in max. If you realize eomthing is wrong you can fix in poser and "reload File" Then just video post it out and there ya go.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

jerr3d ( ) posted Sun, 02 June 2002 at 8:26 AM

Ya, set up your render to start at bedtime, go to bed, wake up, make coffee, and IF it is finally through rendering you can watch it!!!

JerseyG ( ) posted Sun, 02 June 2002 at 10:10 AM

Haha,, Thanx a bunch. I apreciate all the help. Great community here.

3ddave44 ( ) posted Mon, 03 June 2002 at 4:17 PM

What is your x and y size (width and height)? That will A LOT to do with how long the anim renders. It certainly shouldn't be anywhere near the dimensions of still image renders.

animstill.jpg The image above is 444x176 - while this pic is not from the Poser portion of the anim, the Poser rendering time was minutes not hours - and 444x176 is even a little larger than I normally do because I want the file size to be managable enough for people to download. But I should think that any size smaller and up to this would be fine.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.