Tue, Oct 22, 1:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:36 am)

Subject: Characters in Poser? Why Certianlly! (lots of images)

jschoen ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2000 at 7:34 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 1:29 AM

file_121929.jpg

I am in a Tolkien momment these days, so I decided to create a bunch of Tolkien denizens. I have to make Aragorn a bit more rugged, and Legolas more elven, and what to do with Lady Gladrial. Well those will be on the way. But here is an attempt at Gimli. But it turned out to be more like Gimli's son. But it was fun. James

jschoen ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2000 at 7:38 PM

A little creative texturing, a bit of magnets, some tweaking with a few param dials.... Then bring them over to Bryce... James gimli2.jpg

aragorngimli.jpg

SewerRat ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2000 at 7:50 PM

pretty awesome =) is the guy with the bow meant to be legolas? I always thought the elves were fair haired, and didn't have beards but very cool =) SewerRat

ookami ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2000 at 7:56 PM

Hehe... common misconception based on AD&D elves, who have no facial hair. Tolkein elves could grew beards. Great pictures. I really like the textures. Were they rendered in Poser?

SewerRat ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2000 at 8:10 PM

yeah I assumed they could grow beards but didn't or that they were so fair haired that if they had short beards they wouldn't really be very noticable I was never into AD&D, but it's probably shaped so many other fantasy authors/artists that it's tained me anyway =) SewerRat

DEL ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2000 at 9:41 PM

Go for the Golum! I'd like to see that one. How's is precious spose to know what it's got in it's nasty little pocket! he he he!

brschmidt ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2000 at 9:48 PM

Great looking character. It's so nice to see something new created and expertly textured. Is that Zygot's tunic?

SewerRat ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2000 at 9:50 PM

I'd think golum would be easy a flatish face with large eyes and a wide mouth, and spindly arms and legs SewerRat

LoboUK ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2000 at 5:32 AM

Oooooo, Tolkien characters - very nice! I agree with Allie, the sandles look a little odd on a Dwelven character - a pair of boots would be much more "in character". I suppose there's only one thing left to say.... "I wants it" Paul

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2000 at 8:42 AM

Didnt think it was Legolas cause he said it was for mortal men in the previous post and then Gimlos said leave it be mortal which elves arent exactly mortal ... As to the beard. They are capable but typically dont Cirdan (the keeper of the swan ships to send the ringbearers over) was the only elf described as having a long grey beard showing his age ... He was one of the one of the first elves over and was the last to leave ... But anyway, great character. I agree about the sandals though ...

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2000 at 2:05 PM

Some references in "The Hobbit" seem to me to show that Gollum had feet like a frog's. That fits with his swimming ability in LOTR.

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2000 at 1:48 PM

I've always pictured Gollum looking like the Zygote gremlin, but with MUCH bigger (and possibly webbed) hands and feet, and huge yellow eyes...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.