Sat, Sep 21, 3:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: A Beautiful Bucket O' Rust

Michelle A. ( ) posted Sat, 01 June 2002 at 11:25 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 3:25 PM

file_10926.jpg

This group of images comes from yesterdays adventure in the woods....I came upon the back end of one of the sod farms in the area. This place was a dumping ground for old farm equipment, vehicles, refrigerators, washing machines, tires, you name it, it was there. I managed somehow to find some beauty in it....Punkie I thought of you while I was there!

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

Michelle A. ( ) posted Sat, 01 June 2002 at 11:26 PM

file_10927.jpg

And another.......

--- michelleamarante.com

Michelle A. ( ) posted Sat, 01 June 2002 at 11:26 PM

file_10928.jpg

Same vehicle.........

--- michelleamarante.com

Slynky ( ) posted Sat, 01 June 2002 at 11:40 PM

the third reminds me of a black and white photo i saw once for sale for 25000$US. it was a shot of a vinyl record. odd. number 2 is my fav, has a strange sense of motion, and for some reason reminds me of the game Marble Madness..

PhrankPower ( ) posted Sat, 01 June 2002 at 11:42 PM

Damn Michelle What a find! I went back to the original to both times to find the location of your close-ups. As much as I hate to see people dump stuff like this in the woods, it's an amazing photography opportunity, and looks like you're making the most of it. Post on!!

bevchiron ( ) posted Sun, 02 June 2002 at 12:07 AM

Wow Michelle that is a real beauty, love the first shot & the colour & texture in 2 is awesome, great abstraction in that & 3.

elusive.chaos

"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star...." (Nietzsche)

starshuffler ( ) posted Sun, 02 June 2002 at 2:06 AM

Beautiful rust, I agree. Great shyte, Mich. green with envy (*

doruksal ( ) posted Sun, 02 June 2002 at 2:13 AM

I have the intentions of sounding completely like Bev in my comments about these fine and very fine photos..! :)

Rustbucket ( ) posted Sun, 02 June 2002 at 2:38 AM

Wow, what a tribute, thank you! Only kidding :) Isn't rust such an organic marvel? These shots are gorgeous!

firestorm ( ) posted Sun, 02 June 2002 at 6:34 AM

hi, these are great. have you thought of doing 2 and 3 in b&w like the others that you posted.

Pictures appear to me, I shoot them.   Elliot Erwitt

jacoggins ( ) posted Sun, 02 June 2002 at 7:10 AM

neat, what a find! I love to shoot old vehicles and such. And yes, a B/W series would be cool too! Jack

mysnapz ( ) posted Sun, 02 June 2002 at 7:42 AM

GREEN WITH ENVY! Michelle. Can I come stay with you I will bring my own film I will bring film for you to :) Here in England You just dont find this sort of subject. These pictures are fantastic and the posibilities are endless. I know its not done but I am very tempted to steal um. Look forward to seeing more.

Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing. Salvador Dali

PunkClown ( ) posted Sun, 02 June 2002 at 8:03 AM

LOL, I'm glad you think of me when you see decrepit old wrecks Michelle! But seriously now - this beauty is a wonderful find, and like your b&w shots from this series, these are very artistic. My admiration for your skills grows with every post you make...No 2 makes me salivate like Pavlov's dog...rusty, mmmmmmmmm! Thanks for sharing these Michelle! :-)>

Michelle A. ( ) posted Sun, 02 June 2002 at 9:09 AM

I always convert to b&w to see if I like an image better that way...I also tried it with all 3 of these...it just seemed to lose something without the color. Remember that old debate of color vs b&w for texture? Thanks again guys, when I'm in the mood to get dirty and tick infested I'll go back there again...it was a fun discovery!

--- michelleamarante.com

randyrives ( ) posted Sun, 02 June 2002 at 12:14 PM

Great shots Michelle!

L8RDAZE ( ) posted Mon, 03 June 2002 at 7:31 AM

This was quite a find...all of 'em are amazing! Lookin forward to seein MORE!!!! L8r!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.