Tue, Oct 22, 7:50 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:36 am)

Subject: new to poser and the group

ninhalo5 ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2000 at 3:04 AM ยท edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 9:34 AM

just wondering can anyone tell me how the differant bodies are designed i've seen these weird looking tiff files with a flat body and differant parts on it but that picture and the actuall model look nothing alike. how are these designed?

LoboUK ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2000 at 3:43 AM

Welcome to Renderosity and the Poser Forum Ninhalo5 The texture map (the TIF or JPG image) are a sort of skin that Poser wraps around the model. Whatever is on the texture map appears on the model. Paul

PhilC ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2000 at 8:49 AM

Hi ninhola Welcome to the madhouse :) As Paul says these are texture maps. You may find that the UVmapper program and tutorials provide by Steve Cox of benefit. There is a link on the right for your convenience. Regards PhilC

ARADTech ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2000 at 10:55 AM

Welcome to the party...the best one on the net !!! ARADTech

Freakachu ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2000 at 6:01 PM

That's what happens when we gut, skin, and part our models. Thats why I suggest you get the models while they're fresh--so we dont have to clean and salt 'em to keep them preserved for the winter. I'm currently using Anton's beautiful Helena for a rug in the Den, while poor Paulina is catching spills in the Kitchen. Texture maps still give my sister the creeps.

lmacken ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2000 at 7:43 PM

Hi, ninhalo I'm wondering if we're missing something about weird looking tiff files and the actual model looking nothing alike, as you say. One picture and model, or more than one? Go into Poser and set the Body Z-scale to like 2 or 3%. Flat like that? Keep in mind that nobody has mentioned props and morphs yet. That might explain.

lmacken ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2000 at 7:47 PM

Actually, ninhalo5. Sorry

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.