Sat, Sep 21, 4:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Opinions Please. First render in the public eye

mastercrash13 ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2002 at 2:12 AM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 5:08 PM

file_11307.jpg

Hey!

Before I get to the render stuff thanks to EVERYONE who answered questions from me even the stupid ones. All your help has been invaluable! Next on the list is coming to grips with Ray Dream Studio and 3DStudioMAX I'm really curious about 3DS. Any way on to the pic...

It's a tricked out Vicki body using a modified Sensu pose. The face is mine though. Meet Dalene Playboy Playmate of the Year 2002. It's not great but it ain't all that bad if you hold the mag up against the monitor! LOL

Rendered in Poser Pro, back ground image of sunset done in Bryce 5. Only post render was an ankle strap on one shoe and a toe strap on another done in Photoshop 6 (also cropped and jpg'd there. Well thats all PLEASE let me know what you think? All critiques appreciated!

Crash

bizarro ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2002 at 2:24 AM

Hi, I think the smile looks somehow unnatural, like a grimasse but my experience is that natural smiles are very hard to get right in poser. Also the right arm suffers from the usual joint problems. A little postwork (some smearing) would have helped there. Also, looking at the ground it seems that her shadow looks like it's missing (even though this is technical correct it might have been better to tweak the light position from the window a bit)

queri ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2002 at 2:58 AM

Your first render: Pretty good. It could have used a bit of post as bizarro mentions. I dont care about the shadow, I can't draw them, Poser generally can't render them, I live with it. I have two things to mention. Her fingers are a mess. I spent a ton of time on fingers till I got some partial poses and started using the hand poses that came with poser. Fingers can take hours and hours to get right and you can end up never wanting to see this picture again.;-) Only partially kidding. The other thing is more important, cause stuff like fingers and smiles and that come with practice and a better eye for what you have catch. The lighting, though it shows off her legs well, leaves her face indistinct, some of it's well lit, some of it's not. Her eyes are not clear. Next render, I would concentrate on the lighting. Right now, as I said, from the waist down, it's gorgeous. For all my carping, it's a pretty darn good first public render. You put it up in a gallery?

bizarro ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2002 at 3:22 AM

Hi, on the shadows: they make or break a picture in my opinion. You can definitely get them right in poser or if you do postwork it's easy to fake them if you have psp or Photoshop. You are right about the fingers...

ronknights ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2002 at 7:37 AM

Don't we get "that finger problem" if we use a P4 pose on a Millennium Figure (Vicky, Mike etc), or a Millennium Pose on a P4 figure? That seems to be where I encounter it the most.

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2002 at 9:15 AM

She's nice, especially for your first one. Remember that if the light is strong enough to lay the shadow of the window on the floor it will look unnatural for her not to also have some shadow. Also, since you're new I hope I don't offend you with this, but a lot of people don't know that you can control the strength of the shadow from the light itself. If you click on it you will get dials that do this. I play a lot with both the smile and frown dials to get just the right smile that I'm looking for. Hope this helps, and looks like you're doing great. Love that shadow on the floor from the window, but you might not want to have a sunset in this case as the light would be more from up above, change it to a little afternoon delight instead. 8^) Just remember to relax and have fun with it, sometimes things just fall together and you can be surprised at what you come up with. Marque

BellaMorte ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2002 at 6:10 PM

Attached Link: http://www.pspug.org

For your first render, she looks really good :). If you are having troubles with shadows and need to add them in post work, go to http://www.pspug.org and click on their tutorial section and look for their creating shadows series. The first one in the series of 4 (could be more) uses Poser's Casual Woman as the object creating the shadow. You will have to really look through the pages that list all the tutorials as they have changed the layout dramatically (sp?) since I left the group, but I can honestly say that those tutorials were one of our best. Yes the tutorials are written for PSP but I am sure PS users can adapt them ;)

queri ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2002 at 6:47 PM

Thank you BellaMorte-- the reason I don't do shadows is I Don't Know How! Off to comb through the tutes. Emily

BellaMorte ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2002 at 6:53 PM

YW any time queri :). My 2 years there as the Leader of the education section has to come to some good use eventually ;)

mastercrash13 ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2002 at 10:16 PM

thanks all who have done a critique on this one. ALL you suggestions helped. On the shadows (hey an artist can get a little defensive LOL!) The babes shadow from the light through the window IS there it's just the way it was cropped ans Z-Dolly'd in it really cant be seen. I was actually kinda anal about the angles of the lights that threw shadows. Again thanks for all your helpful comments. Hope y'all like my next one too Crash

bikermouse ( ) posted Thu, 06 June 2002 at 2:06 AM

I'd save this as a reference copy - bookmark in time so to speak. Although this is good, You'll do much better later on.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.