Wed, Sep 18, 11:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: What's missing?

DooM ( ) posted Mon, 03 June 2002 at 8:07 PM · edited Thu, 29 August 2024 at 9:41 AM

Hi its DooM, I need help. If you look in the gallerys you may have seen my images. I still learning Bryce, my most recent are Mechwarrior, Ponder ( Dad reckons she looks stoned ), and Dragon Rider - to name a few. But to me, they are lacking. What are they lacking!? I cant tell myself, maybe a third person perspective will help me refine my images. I know my terrain skills is shaky ( any tute's on the dynamics of terrain? ). Thanx for all yer help, thats for everyone.

wgreenlee1 ( ) posted Mon, 03 June 2002 at 9:57 PM

Oh come on! Who are you trying to kid here? Youre doing fabulous work! One aspect of an artist is that its never finished and its really true these days of instant artwork with computers and education they way they are these days. I would say youre doing great! Bill Fleming once said that one of the main problems with CG art is its released to everyones eye before its time. Meaning to really get the sastifaction from your work you have to do just that 'work' then after your 'work' is over you have 'work' some more and still that might not be enough you may have to 'work' a little more..... Do you see where I'm going with this? Dont worry about what you have callen complete ,worry about what you missed in those to apply it to the next one. Use what you wish you wouldve used in those and crank it up a notch and drown the next one with yourself and your talent. Hope this helps!!!!

Enforcer ( ) posted Mon, 03 June 2002 at 10:38 PM

Attached Link: http://www.deeptextures.demon.co.uk/B3DModel/Ofmrntro.htm

To see what the Terrain editor can do, try this link. The end result of the tut can be seen here... http://www.deeptextures.demon.co.uk/oracianfmr.htm Otherwise, I think your images are coming along nicely. Some of the earlier posts lack a bit of depth, but you've overcome that nicely in you latest images. Keep up the good work.

bikermouse ( ) posted Tue, 04 June 2002 at 3:56 AM

Sometimes simple is better - and what's missing can tell a story too - but you already knew that didn't you? Message671410.jpg a semi-colon in a sea full of commas.

tjohn ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2002 at 1:49 PM

Have to agree that your work is NOT lacking. Keep up the good work.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

DooM ( ) posted Thu, 06 June 2002 at 5:54 PM

Thanx everyone. I'm still trying to get the right image, and story pictures are harder than I thought!

Bladesmith ( ) posted Thu, 06 June 2002 at 11:06 PM

You made those dragons with lattices..... That is very impressive...I'd once considered the possiblity, but figured it beyond my skills. I'm very glad to see that someone was able to pull it off, and very well. No true artist that I have spoken with has ever been the lest bit satisfied with thier work. Doesn't mean it's not good... Excellent work.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.