Sat, Sep 21, 12:50 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:22 am)

Subject: Finally got my website up and running!

thenodemaster ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2002 at 10:58 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:44 AM

Attached Link: http://www.geocities.com/inquisitive_98/

I finally finished my new website and am eager for some feedback. TNX!

zombiestudio ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2002 at 11:57 PM

It looks great! The only thing that bothered me was the into. Too long. The pic with the dragon has to be the coolest!

todd71_63116 ( ) posted Thu, 06 June 2002 at 12:14 AM

just a web critique, but im the beginning youve got that flash intro, which is good, but youve got a lot of side scrolling...and you should think about putting in a skip intro button...for the web thats a long intro and with no way out you may lose traffic...and your top frame scrolls a bit..not sure if you wanted it to do that or not..im on 1024x768 res, so..your graphics are great and so is the gallery..just thought id mention those couple things..:)

JerseyG ( ) posted Thu, 06 June 2002 at 12:22 AM

Until I read the last post in here, I thought you may have started over or somthing. Having a skip button or shortening the flash or gap in the flash may keep some traffic. That 3 minute gap of just black page made me close the page. But,,I waited the second time and it wend to the next step. Looks like the rest of the site is down now.

dkirk ( ) posted Thu, 06 June 2002 at 1:15 AM

It's not Flash - it's Javascript.

excorsist ( ) posted Thu, 06 June 2002 at 3:16 AM

Really nice site.... Thumbs up, I give it an A+ Indeed the intro is very long (but nice though). Should help it if you load the index page in the back of the intro page? Or indeed a skip intro button.

Elsina ( ) posted Thu, 06 June 2002 at 4:59 AM

I have a black screen and a yahoobanner and it says in the statusbar at the bottom "done, but with errors on the page"..? I use Internet Explorer 6 with Java enabled. I refreshed the page a couple of times. Same thing.

My gallery @ Renderosity

excorsist ( ) posted Thu, 06 June 2002 at 6:45 AM

That's strange Creations....because I also use IE 6 with java enabled and it loads in just fine...... Have you got all your cookies disabled, because Yahoo geocities uses cookies...maybe that's the problem. You can try double clicking on the error message in the status line to see where it goes wrong. Good luck

Elsina ( ) posted Thu, 06 June 2002 at 8:31 AM

I tried as you suggested, Excorsist. The error icon in the statusbar, clicked it and it says: Line:285 Char:1 Error:Object expected Code:0 URL:http://www.geocities.com/inquisitive_98/ i have cookie-security set on medium high.

My gallery @ Renderosity

lmckenzie ( ) posted Thu, 06 June 2002 at 9:33 AM

I'd put up some kind of "loading..." indication. There was a black screen, then flying text then another black screen and long pause (approx. 20 sec.) before the menu started to come up. For those using dialup, it's a long wait. Perhaps look at some of the Poser sites and compare loading times. The graphics are nice but, particularly since you have a storefront, I think you'd want to get people in and potentially buying as fast as reasonably possible.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

mlevans ( ) posted Thu, 06 June 2002 at 9:41 AM

Error on page, Line 4, Character 86, "Unterminated string constant"....usually means you have one too many or one too few quotation marks in your script...no offense intended, but I'd really like to see the site, and haven't been able to progress beyond the black screen.

excorsist ( ) posted Thu, 06 June 2002 at 1:01 PM

Hi Creations, I don't know what the problem is. I've got high internetsecurity running and I do not see a error message in the statusline. I've checked my advanced settings and I've got all java options on and java securety on the highest possible level. SSl2 and SSL3 are on. The first page after the introscreen is: http://www.geocities.com/inquisitive_98/index1.htm Maybe this works and you can enter the mentioned site. thenodemaster, I hope you are not offended by mentioning this. I hope you get many hits to your welldesigned site. :-) Excorsist

thenodemaster ( ) posted Thu, 06 June 2002 at 1:57 PM

Ok, removed the intro. I guess I will have to learn flash afterall! ;-)

lmckenzie ( ) posted Thu, 06 June 2002 at 8:32 PM

"I guess I will have to learn flash afterall!" Well, Flash doesn't load all that fast either from what I've seen. Maybe just a less graphics intensive intro. When everyone has high speed access all this stuff will go faster. But by then, they will have come up with something else to suck up the bandwidth. 'Please wait - 3D holographic interface loading.'

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.