Thu, Oct 3, 12:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Oriental Vicki

jarm ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2002 at 7:54 AM · edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 3:44 AM

Hi there What's the best Oriental texture/character pack for Vicki? best wishes Jody

melanie ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2002 at 7:57 AM

You can get Asian features by tweaking the facial dials. THere's an Asian dial that works pretty well. Kozaburo has some nice Asian characaters, but I'm not sure if those are for Vicki or the P4Woman. You might check Digital Babes. The link is on the Top 15 links on the right sidebar, toward the bottom of this page. Melanie

jarm ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2002 at 8:04 AM

Thanks Melanie It's really the textures I'm after rather thant he figures, Digital babes was my frist choice, but I have very few decent clothes for the P4 (at least for what I have in mind). Best wishes Jody

Kelderek ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2002 at 8:23 AM

There are a few Asian Vicky characters with textures in the Marketplace: Miao by btsculptor and Lian by eon are examples. I haven't tried them though, so I can't give you an opinion, but they do look pretty good judging from the previews

ronknights ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2002 at 8:32 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=7254

file_11531.jpg

Eirian has put out some very nice Asian characters. I rendered a few examples in my gallery. I'm too foggy this morning to find those renders. I hope Eirian doesn't mind my borrowing her thumbnail to give her some free advertising?! Here's a link to the Jewels of the Orient "page."

jarm ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2002 at 9:06 AM

Cool thanks all

Blazerwiccan ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2002 at 9:23 AM

dalinise has a beautful charater and texture set FS in the Marketplace.Look for Lotus (she also has a set with Lance for Mike and Lotus for Vicki I have that pack I will say I think they are wonderful, very real looking and easy to use, well worth the cost). Hope this helps a bit. http://www.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?Who=dalinise

One other Wonderful Oriental pack in my mind is Dok Mai - For V2 by Cin- :) Wonderful textures, beautiful tattoo's, stunning face, well you go look :) http://www.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=6064

eirian ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2002 at 10:12 AM

Ron, I don't mind, and thanks for the mention. Jarm - if you're interested in my Oriental package, hold off a couple of days. I'm just about to put it on sale. yours eirian

queri ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2002 at 2:08 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=189281&Start=1&Artist=queri&ByArtist=Yes

I have Eirian's Jewels and it is a fabulously complete package. May I also suggest two very distinct beauties. Cwshorty's Mayumi and Miyoshi. Very very reasonably priced and absolutely a dream to work with. Some day I hope to do versions of Green and White Taras with them. If you are looking for Asian clothing, take a glance at Royloo's Chinese line at the 3D commune-- the link is to my portrait of Lian in Royloo's Tong Robe. Also consider a PWFW membership as they are going to be including-- I think on the next update-- some extravagantly magnificent kimono's. I think they are for Vicki-- somebody tell me if I'm wrong. It is an excellent investment in tons of Poser ready props, clothes, sets and textures. Emily

Crescent ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2002 at 8:53 PM

Dok Mai is great! The facial morphs that go with it are quite nice as well. I'm still on the look-out for more Asian textures, especially for Mike.

queri ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2002 at 9:13 PM

Believe it or not, Crescent, I like the Asian face in Daz's character pack about the best for Mike. Though Lourdes Hun is good too. Emily

Crescent ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2002 at 10:16 PM

Mike v2's morphs are definitely nice for Asian features. I'm just on a texture hunt, now.

jarm ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2002 at 3:21 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=196266

I went with Lian by Eon in the end, it was the right combination of texture/face but I shall wait for Eiran's stuff to go on sale and dip in there as well. Thanks everyone for your feedback, much appreciated. See attached a link to a gallery image of said character. Best wishes Jody

ronknights ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2002 at 4:53 AM

By the way, I just can't resist injecting a bit of "Political Correctness" here. I've been informed that Oriental is a term you use for rugs, while Asian is a term you use to describe people. Needless to say, everytime I see the word Oriental used, I grit my teeth.

Ravenism ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2002 at 9:43 AM

Actually Ron, according to Websters Collegiate Dictionary: Oriental Function: noun Pronunciation: "Or-E-'en-t&l, " Date: 15th century : a member of one of the indigenous peoples of the Orient Asian Pronunciation: 'A-zh&n also -sh&n Function: adjective Date: 1550 : of, relating to, or characteristic of the continent of Asia or its people So it's a matter of perspective, are they looking for textures that would make a character resemble a person from the Orient region, or Asia in general? Since the original question was for "Oriental Texture" then it would still apply, and they would be looking for a texture that would be visually representative of persons from a specific region, the Orient.

queri ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2002 at 6:06 PM

And Jewels of the Orient is -- to my mind-- very respectful and good use of the term. Yes, any word but Asian to actually describe people and not an area or its products, is grating to me too and slowly becoming the accepted norm. Jarm! Lovely picture of Lian-- she always lights so well and her features are so delicate. I've become rather enamored of Eon's creations no matter the price. Emily

ronknights ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2002 at 8:30 PM

Believe me, I know everyone has the utmost respect for Asian or Oriental beauties. I'm not overly fond of "Political Correctness" for its own sake. I am, however, relaying comments I've received from a variety of sources, including some Asian contacts, and those who have a deep connection to that geographic area and those people. Those contacts include a wide variety from a penpal or two in Japan, and (stretching it a bit?!), a "former fiancee" from the Phillipines. (Yet another of my "long stories.") Hey, there are some very beautiful women in the world, from all geographies, "races," "skin colors", etc. I must say Eirian's Jewels of the Orient are breath-taking. Ron

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sun, 09 June 2002 at 2:46 PM

I don't think there's any authoritative source on this question. It all depends on the individual's preference. You'll find some people who prefer to be called Hispanic, while other's insist on Latino. Ditto on African-American vs. Afro-American vs Black. As long as you're not using obvious racial slurs, I wouldn't sweat trying to keep up with the latest in PC. With all the nuts and nukes in the world, we could all end up being crispy critters so I'd settle for "human being." But it's definitely a no no to call a dolphin (the Flipper type) a fish, they get highly offended.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.